TSU Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pls can someone in first batch and someone in second batch tell me how many days they were given to accept the offer.Lastly are people in alternate list also required to accept the offer?

Members don't see this ad.

Pls can someone in first batch and someone in second batch tell me how many days they were given to accept the offer.Lastly are people in alternate list also required to accept the offer?

we were given 8 days to accept for the first batch and also i know you have to accept or reject the alternate list offer. Hope this help.

Thank you La lakers fr ur response,pls can someone in second batch tell me how many days they were given to accept the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pls txcouture,does the 5 days start counting from the date on the letter or frm the day the person recieves the letter.Secondly who is the 200 dollar money order for seat addressed to?How is the Austin trip paid for and how much is it?

MAGNET: Were you accepted or something? Did you get your letter yet?

Congrats magnet. Hope you got everything sorted out. I had 5 days from when the date on letter. It was dated on the 4th, got it on the 7th, turned in the deposit on the 8th. I'm sure it's to reserve a seat for admission. The Austin trip is another $50. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

My case is a lil different.

Last edited:
So how did you find out that you were accepted? I am glad everything got situated!

Members don't see this ad :)
through phonecall enquiry

Last edited:
alternate acceptance letters have been mailed out...I had 2 friends receive theirs this week.

I didn't apply to this school, but a friend of mine did and was wait-listed. She got accepted on the 16th.

Anyone who got accepted to TSU what are the statistics for the entering class? I mean what is the average GPA and PCAT scores for the students accepted?

I can't seem to find this information on their website..odd

Hi everyone and Congrats!!!

I was just wondering if you all wouldnt mind posting your GPA and PCAT composite score for me and any others that are applying this cycle to TSU. I am hoping someone will reply with GPA/PCAT scores that aren't too high (maybe GPA around 3.0 and PCAT in 60%) and give me some reassurance that all of my extracurricular activities, pharmacy experience and volunteer hours will be enough to overcome my low GPA. Let me know if there is anyone out there in my position?

Thanks!

This is ridiculous or maybe I'm wrong:confused: but I tried searching everywhere on TSU website but I can't find a list of all the prerequisites they want for their school. I need to know if I have to take both the physics and anatomy (including labs)?

Can someone post the link to the prerequisite sheet for their school? I know TSU requres a couple of extra courses than most other pharmacy schools.

Here's the link
http://www.tsu.edu/pages/459.asp

I've attended in TSU for two semesters. The labs are so poor. Many people use a set of equipments. And no enough equipments are good to use. Their pharmacy school doesn't have enough faculties. In general, the state doesn't support it well. We often joked it seems to go back to African in TSU. :thumbdown:

I don't know the state of the labs, but I do know that they you don't have an IV lab. The TSU students have been using HCC's IV Lab and the HCC teacher trains them, not a TSU professor. I find it interesting that TSU doesn't have their own IV lab and professor for 3rd year pharmacy students.

Last edited:
TSU fall 2011 Pharmd Applicants:

Did some1 get a call for an Interview??????????

Heard nothing from TSU since 2 months.........:(

TSU fall 2011 Pharmd Applicants:

Did some1 get a call for an Interview??????????

Heard nothing from TSU since 2 months.........:(

I know this girl at work that applied to TSU and she's having the same problem, too.

hi guys..i m new on here...just wanted u r little feedbacks...do u guys think tht i have a shot at the interview by having following stats...

GPA: 3.34
PCAT: 53 (88chem; 80bio; 53verbal; 34math; 11rc)

does any of u guys have stats close to mine?..or would u guys mind sharing/posting u r stats on here...i knw TSU has a bad reputation n they had problems with their accreditation in the past...so idk wht the future is like 4 TSU..

any help/comment is appreciated...thnxs in advance!!!

my current gpa is 3.165 at community college. is there any hope for this? I am certified pharm tech and having 2 years of experiences

Whats your PCAT and do you have anything else to throw on the table?

@Rxking: 3 years ago, I saw someone with a 55 PCAT that got in. She had decent GPA, did a lot of volunteering, involving in prepharm club at TSU and had research experience. According to my source who are now a P4 students at TSU, they said the curriculum has changed a lot. Application is getting a little tighter. One of them said PCAT needs to be at least 60, and they want proof of pharmacy experience.
You have fairly strong Chem and Bio score, have you considered retaking PCAT in Jan? Is your Science GPA high?
As far as I know, TSU accreditation is not going anywhere.

@Sneaker: Sorry I can't tell for sure what your chance is. If you are in Houston, I think you should consider going for a pre-advising session, they are pretty straight forward. Good luck!

@Sneaker: Sorry I can't tell for sure what your chance is. If you are in Houston, I think you should consider going for a pre-advising session, they are pretty straight forward. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Can you explain me more about pre-advising session?

@Sneaker: Sorry I can't tell for sure what your chance is. If you are in Houston, I think you should consider going for a pre-advising session, they are pretty straight forward. Good luck!

Can you explain me more about pre-advising session?[/QUOTE]
They don't have a designated time to come in. Just call in and make appointment for pre-advising session. Try to see Melva Davis. I don't know if she would do preadvising anymore this year, hence call in first. She's pretty thorough with students' paper work.
Their office# is 713 313 4345

My science courses are doing good, except general biol. I wonder whether i should retake it or not?

Has anyone heard back from TSU? Or does anyone with any inside knowledge have any idea when the first round of interview invites will be sent?
:xf:

They usually send out acceptance letters mid to late April.... Good luck!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from TSU? Or does anyone with any inside knowledge have any idea when the first round of interview invites will be sent?
:xf:

I was invited to interview with TSU this coming Wednesday, Feb. 23rd. I had received my invite via email on Feb. 9th. Goodluck to those that are applying and I think it's still very early for interview invitations to come out. I'm not sure if my time is the first interview date.

I think I had the first batch of interviews. I had the interview in March and it's been about a month now and I have not received any notifications yet. Does anyone know when the letters of acceptance for this cycle will be sent out??? Has anyone heard from TSU yet?
I'm so nervous and anxious and I'm starting to have doubts... :(
I also tried calling TSU and ask them myself about the acceptance letters, but no one ever picks up the pharmacy dept phone!!!