TSU financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buiyahkah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just interviewed with tsu yesterday and i was wondering if anybody that has attended their pharmacy school used financial aid? i'm asking this because i heard from many people that they don't give you very much which i don't understand because professional programs usually award you plenty of financial aid. can anyone confirm or deny this?

Members don't see this ad.

buiyahkah said:
i just interviewed with tsu yesterday and i was wondering if anybody that has attended their pharmacy school used financial aid? i'm asking this because i heard from many people that they don't give you very much which i don't understand because professional programs usually award you plenty of financial aid. can anyone confirm or deny this?

I've never heard of pharmacy schools awarding "plenty" of financial aid. Most of the money for tuition/housing/books/whatever comes from working as an intern or loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
Loans are considered financial aid.

True. But they're government loans (at least mine are all government loans), not money loaned to you from the school of pharmacy bank.

ForgetMeNot said:
True. But they're government loans (at least mine are all government loans), not money loaned to you from the school of pharmacy bank.
gov't loans are what i'm talking about

The amount of money you are awarded through financial aid really depends on whether or not your program considers your status as graduate/professional or undergraduate. For ex. I know UT and UH consider their students to be undergrad for their first 2 years so that puts a big cap on how much financial aid you will receive in government loans. If you already maxed out on your undergrad loans, I think you are in a bind (correct me if I am wrong). Texas Tech considers their students grad/professional students starting from the first year, so pretty much all yearly expenses are covered through government loans (I would guess that on average people receive $30,000 per school year).
If I were you I would inquire as to what your status will be for the first year for FAFSA purposes.