-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tsu
Started by muksyed
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2
248479
I have applied to TSU and have not heard anything back yet. However, I did receive an email I think last week saying that my application was complete.. guess theres not to do but wait.. has anyone else heard back from them about interviews?
I don't believe TSU is a rolling admissions school..so they probably just started looking at applications. I did see a batch of mail getting sent out with their logo on it and students names on the front, so maybe I am wrong and they have been looking at the applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know last year they sent out interview invites early (was reading an old post) but I believe that was just a trial run. I'm anxious to hear from them, I work with some excellent TSU alumni. One of my pharmacist who graduated May '08 @ TSU said she interviewed in April, so who knows?
Please let me know if yall hear anything.
Please let me know if yall hear anything.
2
248479
April??!! That seems so late! I submitted my application and believe it was made complete on Feb 4th, because I received an email from Mrs Davis saying something to that extent..
Please update if any of you guys get interviews or hear back from TSU... Thanks!
Please update if any of you guys get interviews or hear back from TSU... Thanks!
I know, I really don't want to wait till April, but we have to be patient.
By the way this thread is going, I am assuming not very many people applied to Texas Southern.
Is there any specific reason why?
Is there any specific reason why?
No they did, I just don't know if alot people on here applied. TSU is a great school and offers all the same opportunities as UH so I really don't know. TSU has the most pre-req hours so that could have something to do with it.
Ah I wish they would let us know what was going on! Every time a friend or I go into their office and ask where they are at, or what's the status on things, they just say they don't know! 😡
No they did, I just don't know if alot people on here applied. TSU is a great school and offers all the same opportunities as UH so I really don't know. TSU has the most pre-req hours so that could have something to do with it.
How could you compare TSU to UofH? Look at their Naplex and MPJE passing rate! Their admission office is so unorganized! I've have to resend my PCAT and Transcripts several times!
How could you compare TSU to UofH? Look at their Naplex and MPJE passing rate! Their admission office is so unorganized! I've have to resend my PCAT and Transcripts several times!
Yea, i've had the same problems with TSU's admission office. First they say they have my transcript but not my PCAT. then when i send my PCAT to them , they say they dont have my transcript. Then when I called to make sure they have everything they tell me they dont have my PCAT. i'm not even sure if my application is complete right now.
How could you compare TSU to UofH? Look at their Naplex and MPJE passing rate! Their admission office is so unorganized! I've have to resend my PCAT and Transcripts several times!
TSU Naplex pass rating was 98% last year. And I guess you have just had bad luck, because I have had no problem with there admissions office. Everything has been just as smooth as if applying to UofH.
Whether you go to TSU or UofH when you get out you are making the SAME money with the SAME degree.
Hey ReyatazCPhT, Whenever you receive anything from TSU, please post!
Any current TSU pharm students on here who want to share some insight??
It would be very much appreciated!!
It would be very much appreciated!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HEY guyz my friend just got called for an interview on march 12th
Does your friend attend TSU or another univeristy?
Does your friend attend TSU or another univeristy?
She goes to TSU
She goes to TSU
I believe they interview TSU students first and then everyone else.
Well I received an email on the 27th informing me I had an interview on March 12th at 9am...I never went to TSU, I grad. from Tech
Would you mind posting your gpa and pcat scores?
Would you mind posting your gpa and pcat scores?
I have a 3.3 prereq and about the same for my BS Degree with a 80 PCAT, but have great recs
I recently got an invitation for an interview yesterday for March 25th. Has anyone interviewed with them already?
how long after an interview should i expect to hear something at TSU???
They say its 2-4 weeks. More likely on the 2 weeks side!
I recently got an invitation for an interview yesterday for March 25th. Has anyone interviewed with them already?
I think march 12th is their first set of interviews
The interview invite says to show up at least an hour early for a written communication component. does this = write an essay?
Did you receive your invite by regular mail or e-mail?
So anyone else heard anything from TSU? Were the invites sent my mail or e-mail?
For those who had an interview today, how did it go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was good. Interviewers were friendly. Same questions as anywhere else. Such as " Why Pharamcy" , " why me", " leadership",.... between four and five questions. You could ask your questions at the end. Short esssay about common issues in pharmacy before the interview and written on computer 20 minutes time. Good Luck to all.For those who had an interview today, how did it go?
For those who had an interview today, how did it go?
Although the huge table with people 15' away from you is pretty nerve wrecking, it is not that bad. I only had one tough question. The others were routine that if you really do what to be a pharmacist and know why and have experience you should be able to answer. Everyone is very nice here. GL to all!
Sounds like yall both did pretty well. Good Luck to everyone! I hope I hear something soon. 🙁
Does anyone know the next interview date?
So anyone else heard anything from TSU? Were the invites sent my mail or e-mail?
so interview initiations are all by emails or phone calls right? and no more letters in the mail box?
i have an interview today at 3pm... wish me luck!
i have an interview today at 3pm... wish me luck!
hey m sorry to stick ma nose in your business but how did you decline an interview to your top choice? PS good luck with your interview today
i have an interview today at 3pm... wish me luck!
Your statement does not make sense! You declined UH & UB, but chose to interview at TSU?? UH&UB are both more known, better ranked, and have consistenly high passing rate on NAPLEX! What's wrong with you🙂
Your statement does not make sense! You declined UH & UB, but chose to interview at TSU?? UH&UB are both more known, better ranked, and have consistenly high passing rate on NAPLEX! What's wrong with you🙂
I agree. to decline these two high-ranked schools....that's unusual~.
i have an interview today at 3pm... wish me luck!
That's kinda wierd to have an interview on a Tuesday?
I agree. to decline these two high-ranked schools....that's unusual~.
Maybe she meant that the schools declined her the interview? Who knows.. haha. If she did decline them herself, that is pretty strange.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
hey m sorry to stick ma nose in your business but how did you decline an interview to your top choice? PS good luck with your interview today
no i meant that the school declined to invite me for an interview.. lol
That's kinda wierd to have an interview on a Tuesday?
well i live in houston, so it wasnt a big deal.. its like 30 mins away from my house.. there were other ppl interviewing there also
For those who have interviewed already, how long was the process? Did it take the whole day?
my interview was at like 9 i was done by ~10:30/11
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 146
- Views
- 19K