TUCOM-CA Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bassfrk402

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please help me out. Let me describe my situation:

I applied to Touro University-California pretty late and was waiting for a secondary application in the mail. Instead receive a letter saying I'm deficient in Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Physics by 1 unit :mad:. I went to their website and saw their requirements state 8 semesters/12 quarter units. Now usually most schools require 1 year of that particular course with lab OR 8 semesters/12 quarter units. TUCOM-CA seems to be different.

I took a year of Orgo, P-Chem/Biochem, and Advanced Physics. Do you think I should go ahead and fill out the secondary application online? In the letter it says I need to mail an updated official transcript once I've completed these classes. At this point, it's impossible to take any more classes. Thanks for all the responses in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

call the school and explain your situation!! that's the only way that u'll get any official answer! pre-reqs are really school specific! Some school accepted my all my pre-reqs where as other wanted me to talk more classes. So we can tell u what a certain school do, but that doesn't necessary apply to Tuoro-CA.
Anyways, r u applying anywhere else? (it's kind of late in the game and CA schools are pretty competitive.. I would recommend apply somewhere else that accept all ur pre-reqs). But if u really want to go to Turo-CA, give them a call and I would seriously consider apply early next cycle (in which u'll have a whole year to finish ur pre-reqs).
Hope this helps, GOOD LUCK!

Hi bassfrk, the school is wrapping up its interview season for this year (mid april) and they are also sending out letters to people who completed their secondary late, saying that they would have gotten an interview, but just not this year. I don't think it would be worth it to complete the secondary now. Anyways, call the school if you are still debating and good luck!