TUCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wiz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing for my TUCOM interview. Any opinions on the group format, or impressionsof the school?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been there numerous times. Thanks for the advice. Just wondering if any current TUCOM students had reactions to the interview process or the school itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had interviewed at TUCOM two years ago & they also did a group format. To be honest I found it to be very unconfortable compared to the other medical schools I had interviewed at. You are in on small room (maybe its bigger now) with about 7 faculty memebers & about 5-6 interview students

If things haven't changed with the group format, try & sit in the middle among you interview collegues. That way, if they ask one question (which they did a lot) for each person in the group to answer, you can still be able to respond nicely without having someone else stealing your flame.

I remembered sitting in the end & used what everyone else said & added a little more to my response. It helped a lot!

Also, they actually had your application folder in front of them so you better know what you put down b/c they can pimp you on what you wrote. I attended a Jesuit university & they kept pimping me about my Jesuit experience. Things might have changed so I hope this helps a little. Good luck!!!

Rob
WesternU/COMP MS II

[This message has been edited by Future DOc (edited 03-03-2000).]

just interviewed there myself in Jan. Initially the group format can be a bit intimidating, but after u get used to it, it's not that bad. In fact I found it nice to have time to recoup your thoughts. There were 4 interviewers - 3 faculty (1 resesarcher) and 1 student. Found that the student asked more challenging questions. Sitting in the middle did help some, but be sure to know your file VERY well. The group was thorough in reviewing each candidate's file, which was rare. Good luck and just be yourself. WIll keep my fingers crossed for you.

A :^)!

p.s. anyone know of housing/Financial Aid tidbits. Am considering going to TUCOM.

Hey there,

I interviewed there in January and I found the group format very relaxed. The interviewers were all very friendly and I didn't get any difficult questions. But I will say that a few of the students did get more difficult questions. I agree with the other post in that it is important that you go over your file before hand, they definitely ask questions very specific to your file. Also, I think it helps if you have a very interesting file. I got the feeling that if your file was very "normal", they ended up asking harder questions that didn't have anything to do with your file. For example, one student was asked what he would tell a patient who was just diagnosed with kidney failure and would have to go through dialysis.

One more thing, be careful when you answer any questions comparing MD vs. DO. One of my interviewers was an MD and when another student was trying to explain the difference between the two, he ended up in an awkward situation b/c he was speaking negatively about MD's. So don't say anything rash about how DO's are "better" than DO's becuase.....

Good luck!