TUCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SoCal
p.s...thanks for the intverviewfeedback material...it is a great help.

I can boil it all down to a few lines:

- Be yourself.

- Pay attention to others.

- Know your secondary.

Good luck!

- Tae

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

kappapiomega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be at Touro on the 22nd of 0ct!!

Vanessa

maysqrd

Go A's!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was with Justin on the interview for Early Decision on August 19. I am the business/chemistry major that he mentioned. I got accepted as well and just wanted to wish all of you good luck! The interview is as low key as I think it can get. The panel format is actually a nice chance for you to hear other students, make an assessment of how they are answering their questions and how you think you may need to answer your questions if you think that another student said or did something that the interview panel doesn't like. A few tips, make sure to make eye contact with EVERYONE, including the other students, pay attention to the questions and answers that the other students are given and don't leave the interview panel with out getting in at least one question of your own. We had 8 people in our interview group and only 3 out of the 8 asked any questions. Everyone is given an opportunity to ask questions and when you remain silent it gives another student the opportunity to get more "time" in with the interview committee.

SoCal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am really surprised that many people did not ask any questions. Eight people in the group...how many interviewers?

mohody

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
maysqrd good to see you made it to the board. SoCal there were 3 interviewers. All three were either faculty or administration.

Justin

SoCal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks Justin...It must be nice to watch us all sweating huh? Just kidding.

bro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewing Oct. 16th? I'm staying at the Best Western and will probably get there around dinner time and would like to get together that night with some other folks.

Doctor Peloncito

Family Physician
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this topic up from the basement to see who else has upcoming interviews.

SoCal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be there Oct. 21, and will also be staying at the Best Western

maysqrd

Go A's!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let us know once those acceptance letters start arriving! I would love to know who is going to be at TUCOM next fall. I am 29 yo, married for almost 7 years and have a 5 year old daughter that just started kindergarten. I have lived in Sonoma County for 11 years, which is only a short drive from TUCOM (lucky me). My husband and I own our home and he has an incredible job so it doesn't make sense for us to relocate to campus. The housing at TUCOM is incredibly cheap however, and I am considering keeping a room on campus to stay in during the week but going home on the weekends. Oh! By the way, you can't have a dog in the campus housing!
I would love to know if anyone else out there has similar circumstances. My biggest issue is that my daughter will want to come to campus and visit me sometimes and I worry that if I share a house with other students or get a dorm room that this may interfere with other students that want to study and who don't understand what having children around is like. So let me know if there are any other "parents" out there that are planning (hoping) to go to TUCOM.

Brenda
TUCOM, Class of 2007

fozzy40

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing on November 18th.

Fred