-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
TUCOM-NV Discussion Thread 2009-2010
Started by danimjo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yay, my first acceptance!!!😀
CONGRATS!!!!!



Have you decided on whether or not to attend or is it still to early??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
123165
For those of you who have been accepted already, how long did it take for Touro to inform you guys of your acceptance?
They meet every two weeks I believe. The two weeks ended on 9/3ish. Roger gave me us his number and we called that night.
I interviewed on 8/31
How long after you were verified did they send out a secondary?
i'm in! first acceptance! so happy.
i got accepted too, which is funny because i had such a horrible interview.
will not attend, i don't like the school. good luck to the rest of you.
What did you not like about the school?
Congrats to all of those who have been accepted thus far!!!!!!
1
123165
Nice, I got my acceptance letter today. I have to respond within two weeks of the letter date. It is dated September 2nd, and was mailed on the 8th. It is received on the 11th which gives me 5 days. LoL, what a joke.
The school was very nice, just not sure it was for me. If I get an acceptance from DMU next week, I will not accept the tucom invitation.
The school was very nice, just not sure it was for me. If I get an acceptance from DMU next week, I will not accept the tucom invitation.
Nice, I got my acceptance letter today. I have to respond within two weeks of the letter date. It is dated September 2nd, and was mailed on the 8th. It is received on the 11th which gives me 5 days. LoL, what a joke.
The school was very nice, just not sure it was for me. If I get an acceptance from DMU next week, I will not accept the tucom invitation.
Just call admissions. You should have two weeks from when you received the letter. At least, that is what they told me. My letter was dated Aug 27 and I got it on the 10th which means I would have already missed the two weeks deadline. They are very nice and accommodating.
1
123165
Just call admissions. You should have two weeks from when you received the letter. At least, that is what they told me. My letter was dated Aug 27 and I got it on the 10th which means I would have already missed the two weeks deadline. They are very nice and accommodating.
Excellent, thanks!!!!
To all those that interviewed today, it was great to meet everyone. Hope that we all hear some great news here in a couple of weeks! 🙂
Great meeting you as well, although I cannot figure out who you are 🙂 I'm sure you can guess which one I was by my race
Anyways, how do you like the school? I LOVED IT!Great meeting you as well, although I cannot figure out who you are 🙂 I'm sure you can guess which one I was by my raceAnyways, how do you like the school? I LOVED IT!
Oh wait, just figured it out by your last name and looking at our list of names 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm giving up my seat here for one at LECOM-Erie.
Good luck to everyone.
Good luck to everyone.
Well, I got accepted and sent in the deposit. Looks like I'm going to TUNCOM!
Oh wait, just figured it out by your last name and looking at our list of names 😛
Haha.....yeah, kinda easy to figure out who I am when you have the list in front of you. 😛 You'll have to let me know when you hear from Touro. I really liked what I saw at the school today and would be a happy camper if I got accepted here.
Well, I got accepted and sent in the deposit. Looks like I'm going to TUNCOM!
Congratulations! Good job! I interviewed and was accepted there. What day did you interview? I interviewed on the 25th of August. I liked the school alot. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly there. The only negative was Roger is calling it a career 🙁
Yay, my first acceptance!!!😀
Congratulations! Hopefully first of many 🙂
Interview invite! So excited! To everyone who had interviews already, any suggestions?? Congratulations to the people who were accepted!!!😀
relax, they'll probably accept you.
how long after your primary was verified did you guys receive the secondary?
Interview invite! So excited! To everyone who had interviews already, any suggestions?? Congratulations to the people who were accepted!!!😀
Be prepared to answer, "Why medicine? Why Osteopathic medicine? Why Touro? Why Nevada?"
Know your file well (AACOMAS, Secondary, and Personal Statement). Check out the SDN Interview Feedbacks. They helped me A LOT 👍
I tried calling them today too. No luck.
how long after your primary was verified did you guys receive the secondary?
what he said.
how long after your primary was verified did you guys receive the secondary?
I was verified on 8/27,recieved my secondary on 9/2 and got my interview invite on 9/10.
do they screen for 3.0 sgpa, cgpa and 23 MCAT? are these hard cut offs or recommended?
I thought the GPA was like 2.8 or something like that? I know when I applied last yera I did not receive a secondary because I was off by .01 on my sgpa (and I am a Nevada resident!). So I believe they are pretty strict.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought the GPA was like 2.8 or something like that? I know when I applied last yera I did not receive a secondary because I was off by .01 on my sgpa (and I am a Nevada resident!). So I believe they are pretty strict.
I don't understand. So did you have a 2.99 or a 2.79? And how did they let you know?
I don't understand. So did you have a 2.99 or a 2.79? And how did they let you know?
i was accepted with a cGPA 3.1 and a sGPA 2.79 this year.
Did you have a high MCAT score if you don't mind me asking?i was accepted with a cGPA 3.1 and a sGPA 2.79 this year.
did you have a high mcat score if you don't mind me asking?
26r
Got an invitation for an interview yesterday!! Tried calling them today to schedule it, but no one is picking up. Are they closed on Fridays? Does anyone know how far out they are booked for the interviews?
It is Rosh Hashanah therefore the school and offices are closed. Same goes for any other Jewish holidays.
I don't understand. So did you have a 2.99 or a 2.79? And how did they let you know?
So after checking my old emails from Roger, he said the cutoff was 2.75 and I had a 2.74. I was notified via email in October.
Congratulations! Good job! I interviewed and was accepted there. What day did you interview? I interviewed on the 25th of August. I liked the school alot. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly there. The only negative was Roger is calling it a career 🙁
Yup, I interviewed on the 25th as well, I was one of the Asian guys: black spiky hair, shiny blue tie.
I liked the school as well, it is actually one of my top choices, if I don't get accepted to Midwestern, I'm taking Touro NV.
And yeah, it sucks that Roger is retiring; would have liked to get to know him more.
Did everyone know that they automatically invite you to interview if you send in all your stuff? .... Just found that out when I called the admissions office. That seems pretty strange
Edit: Nevermind, pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding
Edit: Nevermind, pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding
Last edited:
Did everyone know that they automatically invite you to interview if you send in all your stuff? .... Just found that out when I called the admissions office. That seems pretty strange
Really? Aw, and I thought I was special for getting an early invite.
Really? Aw, and I thought I was special for getting an early invite.
Yea, I donno, maybe the girl was wrong. Because it seems really weird that they would invite everyone! Or maybe I somehow misunderstood, although I repeated it to her when she said it because I thought I heard wrong. Lol
Yea, I donno, maybe the girl was wrong. Because it seems really weird that they would invite everyone! Or maybe I somehow misunderstood, although I repeated it to her when she said it because I thought I heard wrong. Lol
Maybe you were misinformed. I called today asking for Bridget who normally handles admission stuff but Bridget's position at the University changed. Perhaps the lady is new?
Maybe you were misinformed. I called today asking for Bridget who normally handles admission stuff but Bridget's position at the University changed. Perhaps the lady is new?
Hm, maybe! She said that once all your stuff is received, they print off your AACOMAS application and send you an invitation to interview.
Edit: Someone else should call and ask, haha 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Touro NV does not interview everyone that submits a secondary, check their fine print. Whoever said that does not know what they are talking about. The only Touro school that interviews people who submit a secondary is the NY campus, and they charge a steep secondary fee to discourage students from unnecessarily submitting secondary apps to their office.
Got an invite... kind of ruins the surprise when they send you a 'we need your transcript before we can interview you' email, though. 😛
Tried to schedule it for Monday because I'm in Vegas for a concert Sunday night... lady I talked with sounded like it would've worked, if they were not closed on Monday for another Jewish holiday. Looks like it'll be in two weeks, then...
Tried to schedule it for Monday because I'm in Vegas for a concert Sunday night... lady I talked with sounded like it would've worked, if they were not closed on Monday for another Jewish holiday. Looks like it'll be in two weeks, then...
Nervous!!!!! My interview was last week. The committee meets today to make decisions. Notices are mailed out tomorrow. Hope I get in.... although my interviewer laughed hysterically at one my answers. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I interviewed last week too, on the 15th... I'm a little nervous, but more nervous about Touro-Ca where I interviewed on the 14th... I second the question about an interviewer laughing at you... the interviewers at AT Still Mesa laughed and laughed at me (and I don't generally think I'm funny), totally freaked me out...
For those of you have yet to interview be prepared for this: They want you to have 50 hours of science, they don't post it anywhere but they might mention it the day of your interview. I have 49 hours and one of my interviewers made the BIGGEST deal out of my not having 50. It's almost like 50 hours of science is an un-published requirement... that's tough for those of us with social science majors and who attended a liberal arts university... eeek!
I interviewed last week too, on the 15th... I'm a little nervous, but more nervous about Touro-Ca where I interviewed on the 14th... I second the question about an interviewer laughing at you... the interviewers at AT Still Mesa laughed and laughed at me (and I don't generally think I'm funny), totally freaked me out...
For those of you have yet to interview be prepared for this: They want you to have 50 hours of science, they don't post it anywhere but they might mention it the day of your interview. I have 49 hours and one of my interviewers made the BIGGEST deal out of my not having 50. It's almost like 50 hours of science is an un-published requirement... that's tough for those of us with social science majors and who attended a liberal arts university... eeek!
LOL! Okay, I only have 31 completed. Can't wait for that to come up in the interview...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 300
- Views
- 57K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 385
- Views
- 90K