TUCOM-NV Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EL CAPeeeTAN

"like Capitan"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just got my first interview invite!! I am excited. I have an Interview at TUCOM-NV. I researched some old threads to get info on the amount of seats still available. I have to imagine at this point there can't be too many seats left. I was told by the school that it is getting close to being filled up. My interview is for Turssday 3/15. Any thoughts on the amount of seats left? Any suggestions or comments on the interview at TUCOM. Thanks in advance. I am really excited but do not want to get my hopes up if there aren't going to be any seats left. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

EL CAPeeeTAN said:
Hey everyone,
I just got my first interview invite!! I am excited. I have an Interview at TUCOM-NV. I researched some old threads to get info on the amount of seats still available. I have to imagine at this point there can't be too many seats left. I was told by the school that it is getting close to being filled up. My interview is for Turssday 3/15. Any thoughts on the amount of seats left? Any suggestions or comments on the interview at TUCOM. Thanks in advance. I am really excited but do not want to get my hopes up if there aren't going to be any seats left. Thanks.

EL CAPeeeTAN,

As close as the class is to being filled, you would not have been offered an interview if there wasn't a chance for you to be offered a seemless acceptance into the class of 2009 (granted the admissions committee is not accepting as high a ratio of interviewees as they had earlier in the interview cycle). Just do your best to be yourself on interview day and do your research about my school and keep your fingers crossed!

I should see you on the 15th!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

ez073323 said:
EL CAPeeeTAN,

As close as the class is to being filled, you would not have been offered an interview if there wasn't a chance for you to be offered a seemless acceptance into the class of 2009 (granted the admissions committee is not accepting as high a ratio of interviewees as they had earlier in the interview cycle). Just do your best to be yourself on interview day and do your research about my school and keep your fingers crossed!

I should see you on the 15th!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Thanks for the encouragement. I just rescheduled my interview to next Tuesday 3/8. The flight costs were not that much different so I called the addmissions and aske if it was possible to move the interview to a week earlier and they said "no problem, in fact the earlier the better" So I will be there on the 8th!! Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck from me too!

- :thumbup:

Good luck EL CAPeeeTAN, BTW, what other schools have you applied to? Did you apply to them at the same time as TUCOM-NV?

frank51 said:
Good luck EL CAPeeeTAN, BTW, what other schools have you applied to? Did you apply to them at the same time as TUCOM-NV?
I applied to CCOM, AZCOM, DMU, MSU, LECOM, PCOM, UNECOM. So far I have only 1 interview. My apps have been complete for 2-4 weeks.

Good luck :thumbup: . If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

Nik

I got my interview for TUCOM-NV too! :D I was sooo excited. It's my first osteopathic medicial school interview and had I known as much about ostopathic medicine as I do now, I would only apply to DO schools and I would do it a lot earlier in the game. Now, I'm pray for one acceptance and an interview is a start. My interview is on Monday, March 14th. Yahoo!

good luck to both of you! let us know how things go!

Congratulations! :thumbup:

I got an interview there too. Mine's on March 14 too, Dr. Vitaminka! I'm getting into Vegas late though. Like almost midnight . . . it was by far the cheapest flight, and I'm running out of moola. I'll have to grab some coffee in the morning.

Well good luck everyone! Hopefully there's still some slots left open for us!

:luck:

Khenon! That's awesome. I guess I will meet you there, put a face to an sdn ID. :) If anyone has interviewed there already, could you give us some pointers on what to expect? Thanks!

woowhoOoo.. i just got my invite today (my DO letter came soo late; lost in the mail or something.. just got there last week .. when i finished my app in Nov!) and i'm hoping to interview 3/21. good luck all of you interviewing tomorrow (but you probably wont see this until after your interview).

tell me how it goes~ i've never interviewed before and am extremely nervous. any one who's interviewed already have any suggestions? do they ask you more personal questions or information/your knowledge about the campus?

please advise.

thanks~
:D

lktm831 said:
woowhoOoo.. i just got my invite today (my DO letter came soo late; lost in the mail or something.. just got there last week .. when i finished my app in Nov!) and i'm hoping to interview 3/21. good luck all of you interviewing tomorrow (but you probably wont see this until after your interview).

tell me how it goes~ i've never interviewed before and am extremely nervous. any one who's interviewed already have any suggestions? do they ask you more personal questions or information/your knowledge about the campus?

please advise.

thanks~
:D
good luck lktm....

andnthey only ask you questions about your application and life...not about the school. they did ask me what the biggest problem in health care today was. i answered that i was not that well informed on the overall health care system, but from what i had been exposed to, i felt that it was blah blah blah...

and i got in, so just be honest and they will appreciate it. :D

what a cute little aartichoke.

1hotaartichoke said:
good luck lktm....

andnthey only ask you questions about your application and life...not about the school. they did ask me what the biggest problem in health care today was. i answered that i was not that well informed on the overall health care system, but from what i had been exposed to, i felt that it was blah blah blah...

and i got in, so just be honest and they will appreciate it. :D

I was only asked questions about my application and the "Why DO", "Why Touro" standard questions... it was probably the least stressful and enjoyable interview of all. I agree with onehotaartichoke, just be completely honest and they will apprecaite that much more than a B.S. answer. ;) Good luck :luck:

:D thanks for all the info

they provided me w/ a list of ppo to contact for accommendations, I was thinking about calling them to tour the campus and have a feel for the place. anyone know of anyone who's up to take me out? haha

im going to get to vegas saturday afternoon & my interview is monday (next week... 3/19-3/21) :rolleyes:

As cliche as it sounds, the best advice for you is to be yourself at the interview. Afterall, who knows your life story better than the person that went through it? This is your chance to shine, so remember, do your best to appear confident, to not undermine your work, and to avoid being nervous (a little anxiety never hurts, but it can be overdone).

Read through your application, go over the interview feedback site, try to get a gist of what your answers would be, go over them mentally, and if you want, you can attempt to try a mock interview with one of your family members or friends to be sure that your responses are coming out the way you want them to. Do not memorize your answers. I had a friend try to do this at one of his interviews, and wow, it did not go well at all.

The actual interview, at least in my own experience, was very conversational. I was asked some of the typical questions that you might expect, but I really felt that they made an effort to try to extend beyond the depths of my application and see who I was as a person. Some of the questions included "Why Touro?" and "Why Osteopathy?," but most were centered on why I chose to write about a specific topic in my personal statement (primary), what I felt about the lack of resources and level of competition at my undergrad, the type of things I did/do on vacations, and random issues, of which I brought up on my own, like malpractice insurance, the increasing shortage of doctors, the understaffed and overcrowded emergency departments in Nevada, medical ethics, etc. Basic point, don't sit around and wait for your interviewers to ask you questions one after another - engage in their questions, expand on them, and take control of your own interview.

Hey everyone... I'll be interviewing at Touro on Tues 3/15. Elizabeth C. called on Friday to tell me my application was complete (I had to have one of my LOR's mailed a second time... apparently lost in the mail). After telling me my app. was complete, she invited me to interview! YAY!

I chose the soonest date. I can see the advantage of having quick interview dates... no languishing and fretting as I have on previous interviews with lots of lead-time.

I live in LV so if anyone is flying in, I can help out and give directions or give someone a ride to Touro from their motel if they need it. (have read a few horror stories on interview feedback about cabbies not knowing where Touro is). PM me if you need help!

Christine