Tufts anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gooseHC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the deal with Tufts is. I haven't heard much about them here on SDN. I think one person said they were accepted. But I have heard zilch from them since a postcard that I think they sent me saying my file was complete months ago. Does this mean that my wait will end with rejection? Anyone with any info about Tufts, please share! Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hi gooseHC,

Tufts started interviewing late, in November, then took half the month of December off and will resume interviewing this month. They interview about 40 people at a time. They're a little behind.

Typically, they start sending out acceptances in early December, but they said that this year they would go out later, like in mid-January to early February. (I got mine in late December, but I was a post bacc at Tufts so I think my application was expedited.) Tom Slavin (Dir of Admissions) said their problems with AMCAS were pretty extreme. It's fantastic that your application is complete. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

There is still plenty of time--they have a lot of people left to interview. I would not give up hope!

Good luck!

mma :)

gooseHC, I'm in the same boat. I took the August MCAT, so my app may have been complete a little later than yours.

mma, thanks for the good info. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there anyone else out there who are Tufts alums or students? If so, have you heard from Tufts Med? I didn't get an invite last year and haven't heard a thing so far this year. My application's been complete since November. So I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this year. I have good stats, lots of activities, have donated money to them over the years (even though I'm poor), and graduated from there. I wish they would just give me a shot. All I know is it'd be awesome to return to Tufts for med school.

I know they used to favor Tufts alums. Could it be that they no longer practice that policy? Anyways, good luck to all who are applying there. Even though they have shafted me in the past, it is a cool school. ;)

I'm bumping this one up.