Tufts Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi, guys!!
I also had an interview at Tuft on July 21.
hey, Ivan!! do you remember me? a girl from south Korea!! :D
yeah..
I'm also waiting for their contact since I came back.
pretty annoying. checked my mail in everyday... :rolleyes:

my interview was also very casual and laidback.
An Indian professor interviewed me( I figured out that he also graduated Tufts program in 1980, anyway) and asked personal questions a lot. plus he asked about how dentistry is in Korea. like equipments, materials that we use etc..
I was wondering how much AC(Admission Committee) cares about interview.
personally I don't think interview can affect the result, though.

It seems that we don't have much choice except for praying.
Be positive and Good luck to everybody!!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone,
a big congragulations for everyone........ :thumbup: :thumbup:
i am planning to take up my exam in NOV ...... so does that mean i can only join the classes in 2006......... :eek: :confused:

pls do clear me up........ :(

thx.....
cheers.....

hi ,
i just called Tufts, (katherine wasilenko) and they told me that the decision letters will be going out this week.
most likely that we will get it in the weekend or monday
good luck to everyone.
i hope everyone gets thru and we will meet at tufts.

Members don't see this ad :)
venus said:
hi, guys!!
I also had an interview at Tuft on July 21.
hey, Ivan!! do you remember me? a girl from south Korea!! :D
yeah..
I'm also waiting for their contact since I came back.
pretty annoying. checked my mail in everyday... :rolleyes:

my interview was also very casual and laidback.
An Indian professor interviewed me( I figured out that he also graduated Tufts program in 1980, anyway) and asked personal questions a lot. plus he asked about how dentistry is in Korea. like equipments, materials that we use etc..
I was wondering how much AC(Admission Committee) cares about interview.
personally I don't think interview can affect the result, though.

It seems that we don't have much choice except for praying.
Be positive and Good luck to everybody!!! :luck:

hi venus
what makes u think like that
"I was wondering how much AC(Admission Committee) cares about interview.
personally I don't think interview can affect the result, though."

do u mean to say that decisions were already taken before the interviews

thanks busy dentist. i hope we get the letters soon and we can relax and get to know our classmates! good luck to all. :luck:

Thanks Busydentist for the info, that should relax us a bit...
I don't thnk i know that girl form Bulgaria, but we might get to be in one school one more time... ;)

Hi, Everybody who already got interview , can you guys post your part I , II score?

:idea: I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW TO UPENN. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP AS TO WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR THE INTERVIEW . :oops:
PARI

well i'm not an international applicant but US students who interview at dental schools wear suits to the interviews

hi,
no letter yet???? :( :(
did anyone recieve any letter ??

good luck
bye

busydentist are you sure she said they would mail out acceptance letters this week?

well anyway i havent heard anything from them yet. lets hope they will send out the letters and we can hear from them by monday. lets wait and see what happens!! good luck everyone! :luck:

hi tooth mail

thats what she told me ..

can u do us a favor or anyone
can u/anyone call Katherine and ask when we will get the letters.
i can call,but i have already called twice this week
so ia m feeling a little bit uneasy...

her number is 617 636 3747
bye

pari said:
:idea: I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW TO UPENN. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP AS TO WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR THE INTERVIEW . :oops:
PARI
hi.pari.When is your interview in UPENN.My intervie is on22 september.I think suit is ok for the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't get it ,why they just don't email us :confused: . It's so horrible waiting and cheking mail everyday. Especially with the UPenn's FedEx/regular letter - just kills you :rolleyes:

hi mariya mine is a week earlier than yours. i am just hoping that we will hear from tufts before any other interview!! :D nothing in the mail today either, ivan and busydentist! the wait is killing me! :confused:

Hi pari and toothmail.Good luck with UPENN interviews.I hope you guys will give me some information after your interviews.I am also waiting for Tufts.I haven;t heard anything from them yet. :(

hi
mariya and pari can u please tell me about ur score and gpa?
it would be a great help.
thank u

mandakki said:
hi
mariya and pari can u please tell me about ur score and gpa?
it would be a great help.
thank u
Hi mandakki,my scores are Part1-95;Part2-85;GPA-3.74 I hope it is a help for you.

hi pari
when did you apply for UPenn?is an early application preffered there?please let me know if i can apply now for 2005.
thanks
NP

hey mandakki
please let me know when you applied for UPenn?if i plan to send the application in september ,will it be late?

hi
i am sending it tomorrow.hopefully everything will be fine.but i see very little chances of getting in there.

Hi everyone,

I am the first time user of this forum. I am a foreign trained dentist fom India. Currently residing in US. I just finished my National Boards and TOEFL and sent my Dental International Student application to Tufts in July 04. They invited me for the interview- Sept 15th. Is there anyone else who has been called on the same day?

Reards,
Karysma

Good Luck for the interview
karysma and lihuahuang
would you please share your scores with us

caninus_molarus said:
can you tell me when did you apply? i applied july 14th and got nothing.
same here. whn i called thm they wouldnt give out the status on phone. they wouldnt even tell me if my application is complete

karysma said:
Hi everyone,

I am the first time user of this forum. I am a foreign trained dentist fom India. Currently residing in US. I just finished my National Boards and TOEFL and sent my Dental International Student application to Tufts in July 04. They invited me for the interview- Sept 15th. Is there anyone else who has been called on the same day?

Reards,
Karysma
Hi Karysma, my interview at Tufts is on Sept 15 .

caninus_molarus
I sent out my application on 20th of July

Thank you, Busydentist
Part 1- 91
Part 2- 86
TOEFL- 275

Lihuahuang and Maria BG,
Good Luck
See you on Sept 15th.

Karysma.

Hi Mandakki and Ann03
Tufts requires both part 1 and part2
do u both have part 2 scores???
the best person to call u is katherine wasilenko
she is very good and cooperative . may be she can help u?
why dont u speak to her , because u have good part 1 scores and once u r called for an interviewi am pretty much sure that u have the ability to impress them :) :)

Good Luck

hi karysma
good scores.
do good in the interview and i am sure that u will get in
All the Best

good scores karysma. good luck! :luck:

hi ,
thank u busydentist for the encouragement.
i havent taken part 2 yet and dont plan it before dec anyways.i am more interested in uop or ucsf as i live in bay area and my husband works here.i need to add one more thing , my part 1 is cbt.

congrats and good luck to karysma,lih.....and mariya.

have a great long weekend!!! :)
mandakki

Thank you very much, Busydentist, toothmail and mandakki.

Karysma.

busydentist said:
Good Luck for the interview
karysma and lihuahuang
would you please share your scores with us

Sorry. I replied it late. my scores are: part 1 97, part II 84, GPA 3.8. I don't know if the part II score is enought for Tufts or not. still a little bit nervous.

Karysma,
So how did your interview go?
pls share ur experience with us.

after applying how long did they take to send in your interview call?I had applied in d end of August ie 27th...m i too late?

Hi Cleo:

Sorry for the late reply.
Interviewes at Tufts are very cool and take place in a relaxed and friendly manner. My interviewer asked me general questions-my experience, goals, hobbies, my favorite subject, strength and weakness- nothing technical or academic. So just relax and I would surely suggest to review your CV, Personal statement and be yourself.
I sent my application in the last week of July and got invitation for the interview around 15 th of August.
I was interviewed in the second phase as first interviews took place sometime in July. But we were told that they will review all the aplications they recieve till 15th of September. So they will let you know or I will suggest that you might want to give them a call.
Good Luck.
Karysma.

thanx Karysma!!!!!

u make me feel optimistic. :)
hope u get through!!!