Tufts Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnyboston

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview during the first week of February at Tufts...very excited...I have had other interviews but its the one school I am most excited about and if I get in I will go there.
My question is does having an interview this late mean that I am probably applying for more of a waitlist rather than an official seat?
Also how many students are in currently or seats still available?

Any other advice anybody have about their interviews besides the information in the interview help guide?
Did you guys also read the interview guide they send in the mail before your interview in detail? Still waiting to get it in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year student at Tufts and I interviewed 1/27 and was accepted 1/29 so you should still be a candidate for an acceptance. Our class size is about 175. If you got an interview, you have a really good chance of getting in.

The interview is really laid back but make sure you ask questions to show your interest. As far as the interview guide, I looked over it the day before but it will be explained during the interview. Good luck!

I have an interview during the first week of February at Tufts...very excited...I have had other interviews but its the one school I am most excited about and if I get in I will go there.
My question is does having an interview this late mean that I am probably applying for more of a waitlist rather than an official seat?
Also how many students are in currently or seats still available?

Any other advice anybody have about their interviews besides the information in the interview help guide?
Did you guys also read the interview guide they send in the mail before your interview in detail? Still waiting to get it in the mail.

First of all, congrats on your interview! You'll probably get accepted, there's about a 70-80% chance now :)

My advice is to just be friendly and outgoing with everyone, and really show that you're interested in going there. Read the book they send you (and yeah, it's really as thick as a book), though you won't really be expected to know much in detail from it -- the presentations they give you pretty much explain everything. Ask a lot of questions and meet as many people as you can, moreso for your own benefit than for the sake of your interview.

The interview itself... Many people will tell you that it's really laid back, and for most people it is. I wouldn't exactly go in there cold with no answers planned out though, especially since you might get one of the tougher interviewers (Like I did -- yay!). Just know yourself, know your application, and know why you want to go to Tufts. Reading up on previous interview questions here on SDN is always a good idea.

When I interviewed (Jan. 14th), they had already sent out about half as many acceptance letters as they had last year (~170 vs. 340-ish), and I believe they've filled... oh I dunno... 100 seats or something, out of about 170. Of course they've just sent out their next round of acceptances, so there are less left to be sent out and inevitably less seats to fill.

Anyway, that's my advice. Good luck! Maybe we'll be classmates this coming fall! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts is a great place. One of the things I really like about them is they are very open with you when you ask a question. Come with questions and review the book the send you. Its not like there will be a quiz on it or anything but it help you to know what to ask. Prepare to be impressed Tufts is awesome and I am glad I am going.

You're totally fine! They have about half their class "filled" so far (gave deposits) and they said they accept about 75% of people they interview. I think you have a great chance :)

you should still have a chance! i interviewed 1/25 and got accepted on 1/29... their committee meets every 2 weeks! so you still have a chance!

I interviewed at Tufts earlier this week and today my addsas went to under review, anyone else?? I know its common stuff just curious.

I interviewed at Tufts earlier this week and today my addsas went to under review, anyone else?? I know its common stuff just curious.
Hey how was the interview? Did they say anything about how many seats are still available? I have mine in about 2 weeks

Hey how was the interview? Did they say anything about how many seats are still available? I have mine in about 2 weeks

Interview was friendly and stress free, I had a D4 interview me and she just answered any ?'s I had. I think they said that they had sent out ~250ish acceptances, and get roughly 50% accepted offer rate based on previous years. Not 100% sure tho.

My status went to under review also. My interview was on 2/2/10