Tufts interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got one by email. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got one by email. Anyone else?

i just got one too, but i'm not going, so some one else is going to get my spot, any takers? i just wish they would have given me one sooner, so at least i would have a reason to miss school and go to Boston for a couple of days.

I just got one too! I dont know about it though. any idea how much of the class has been filled? I want to go if i have a decent shot of getting in but if not....

got one too

I just got one too! I dont know about it though. any idea how much of the class has been filled? I want to go if i have a decent shot of getting in but if not....

I'm not sure how much of the class has been filled. I'm going to call and ask. Since I only have one acceptance, I'm going to go to the interview.

I'm not sure how much of the class has been filled. I'm going to call and ask. Since I only have one acceptance, I'm going to go to the interview.

Meanie!! :eek::eek: j/k

Wish I was in your situation. I have good stats and no acceptance. Have only had 1 interview :( :( :( :( :(

i read in another post a week or 2 ago that the class is ~ 1/2 full.... dunno if it's true

Meanie!! :eek::eek: j/k

Wish I was in your situation. I have good stats and no acceptance. Have only had 1 interview :( :( :( :( :(

I'm sorry:(
How about this: I have a Penn interview on Friday thr 16th, if they call me on Monday to tell me I'm in I'll cancel my Tufts interview. Fair?

Where else did you apply?

I'm sorry:(
How about this: I have a Penn interview on Friday thr 16th, if they call me on Monday to tell me I'm in I'll cancel my Tufts interview. Fair?

Where else did you apply?

oh, don't be sorry. you worked hard for your situation and it ultimately is your choice in how you handle the situation. I am wishful that I was in your situation. Congratlutions!!!

I just wish people would go to interviews only if they are serious about attending the school. It is frustrating for people like me I guess. I applied to a bunch of schools. Mostly the private ones because they admit more people. My stats are good 21+. PM me if you want to know the schools I applied to.

Im just getting nervous about the dental application. Don't be sorry, you worked hard for everything. I just wish Tufts would email me and the people with 8+ interviews would share a little. :(:(:(:(

Anyone who doesn't want their Tufts' interview, please refer me. :D I won't disappoint you. :thumbup:

yeah, wtf! 3.6 GPA and 22 DAT and noooo word from tufts yet? wtf mate!

jb!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, don't be sorry. you worked hard for your situation and it ultimately is your choice in how you handle the situation. I am wishful that I was in your situation. Congratlutions!!!

I just wish people would go to interviews only if they are serious about attending the school. It is frustrating for people like me I guess. I applied to a bunch of schools. Mostly the private ones because they admit more people. My stats are good 21+. PM me if you want to know the schools I applied to.

Im just getting nervous about the dental application. Don't be sorry, you worked hard for everything. I just wish Tufts would email me and the people with 8+ interviews would share a little. :(:(:(:(

I sooo know how you're feeling, because its almost right up my alley!!!! Hang in there mate, it can only get better for us from here!

If i had heard from any one of the 5 schools that I've interviewed at up to this point I wouldn't hesitate declining the tufts interview but so far - no luck. All this traveling is killing my bank account I'll tell you that much.

Thanks guys- I know it's tuff, but hang in there. Before I heard from Penn last week I had 3 months of silence from schools.

I'm not helping am I......

Cymbidum, cya on fri. :)

Yea, I got an interview from Tufts the other day...

HEY GUYS....i had my interview mid-january,,,n heard back from the admission couple days after....i am in:)) i m soo happy bc it s my first choice,,,,,but yes at that time they had told us that the class was 1/2 filled....so there was about 60 spot left...pretty decent!!! hope to see some of u guys

Anyone know what the odds are of getting in when given an interview at Tufts (like is it 2 out of 3 get in, etc...)? Also, how many interviews do Tufts give out to the 3000 applicants (300 or 500)?

The thing I really liked out about Tufts is that they really laid it out the way it is. I was there on Tuesday and they told us that they had gotten more than 4,100 applications (pretty much the same amount as NYU) BUT NYU is interviewing a thousand people whereas Tufts has like ~350 interviews. They told us that ~60-70% interviewees get accepted and ~10-15% get waitlisted, so I'm HOPING this means we have better chances, haha. But yeah, as everyone else has been saying - they've got 60 seats left as of now.

The thing I really liked out about Tufts is that they really laid it out the way it is. I was there on Tuesday and they told us that they had gotten more than 4,100 applications (pretty much the same amount as NYU) BUT NYU is interviewing a thousand people whereas Tufts has like ~350 interviews. They told us that ~60-70% interviewees get accepted and ~10-15% get waitlisted, so I'm HOPING this means we have better chances, haha. But yeah, as everyone else has been saying - they've got 60 seats left as of now.

You're Canadian aren't you? If so where are you doing your undergrad?

Thanks it would help lots.

No... I'm not Canadian. What made you think that? haha. I'm from the US - Dallas to be exact. :p Did my undergrad at Univ. of Texas at Dallas, but I don't think that helps anymore.

No... I'm not Canadian. What made you think that? haha. I'm from the US - Dallas to be exact. :p Did my undergrad at Univ. of Texas at Dallas, but I don't think that helps anymore.

I thought i read in a thread sometime back that you were canadian.

My favourite city in the states: Dallas. Home of the Stars, Rangers, Mavs, and Cowboys. :thumbup: I love those teams.

Good luck :)

I called Tufts at 1pm boston time today, and they are completely booked up for the February. They may interview last week of Feb and first week of March, but those would be only for wait list positions. :( :( :( :( Hope the info helps some people.

I called Tufts at 1pm boston time today, and they are completely booked up for the February. They may interview last week of Feb and first week of March, but those would be only for wait list positions. :( :( :( :( Hope the info helps some people.

Really? I called today at 1pm and set up an interview for Feb 28 - do you think Im interviewing for a waitlist position?

Really? I called today at 1pm and set up an interview for Feb 28 - do you think Im interviewing for a waitlist position?

I only know what they told me. I spoke with the director of admissions and she said February was completely filled for interviews, and the last week of Feb and first week of March would be for waitlist positions. Sorry I do not know more. Hope it helps.

~ Karen

Thanks- I'll call tomorrow and ask. I'd rather not spend $300 on a ticket to fly across country to interview for a waitlist positon.

when i called she said I could come this tues the 13th if i wanted (some people had pulled out) and so i booked that. flights might be more pricey but hotwire has ok priced clearance flights on short notice. Thats what i did anyway

how could tufts possibly know when they're interviewing for the waitlist? sounds fishy to me.

jb!:)

btw, i sent an e-mail today inquiring about my status. i think i'm competitive enough for a tufts interview, yet i've heard nothing. i'm kinda bitter...

I might have to agree here. If people have said there are still roughly 60 seats left to fill, how could there possibly be interviewing for the waitlist for interviews coming up so soon? Also, Is interviewing for the waitlist something that is actually practiced? I mean, to an extent I could see schools offering more interviews than they might need to fill their classes and in this way they'd be left with a number of students to draw from if those who've been accepted choose to attend somewhere else, but I find it hard to believe that schools would offer an interview specifically for a waitlist spot.

I might have to agree here. If people have said there are still roughly 60 seats left to fill, how could there possibly be interviewing for the waitlist for interviews coming up so soon? Also, Is interviewing for the waitlist something that is actually practiced? I mean, to an extent I could see schools offering more interviews than they might need to fill their classes and in this way they'd be left with a number of students to draw from if those who've been accepted choose to attend somewhere else, but I find it hard to believe that schools would offer an interview specifically for a waitlist spot.

i agree 100%. if tufts' class is just over 60% filled then i find it very hard to believe they will fill the remaining seats in the month of february alone. in previous years they were still filling their class into march and maybe even april. why would this year be any different? maybe i'm just playing the cards in my favor, maybe not...

Whoever said they have 60ish spots left is right on the money!!

There are spots left at the school, i interviewed jan. 11 and the class was half full at that time. I was accepted afterward and have a deposit due tomorrow feb. 9th which i decided not to give in. After this period, there are still gonna be lots of seats left for more interviews. JB i suggest you call and request to speak to Mark Guntier, the grandmaster of the whole deal, and ask him about your status. I loved the school, but ultimately wasnt the best place for me to go.
No worries guys

\\am12

i think one of my friends interviewed for a waitlist position in march or april last year so it does exist and hopefully for the remaining 60 or so spots they'll accept around 100 people! Good luck ya all!

Hey guys, I don't know how this year's applicant numbers are coming along. However, if last year was anything to go by, then if you haven't received an interview offer by now, then chances are slim that you'll be asked to interview. I had an interview at Tufts last year in early Feb, my group was supposed to be interviewing for the class, but when we got there, they told us that we would be doing so for the alternate list. Reason being, way too many people had applied early on, and when the first round of acceptances went out, they got way more acceptance deposits than anticipated...resulted in class being prematurely full. I know this may not be what you guys want to hear. When I was in your shoes last year, I know that I would've wanted to know if I'd be getting interviewed around this time, and if it would be for the class or the alternate. Those of you who've been interviewed, or have been asked, best of luck. Tufts is a great school. Good luck to all. Also, from what I heard, not that many people move off the list..and we had to pay $750 deposit just to be on the waitlist, which was non refundable, if you got accepted anytime before classes started, which is fine, but if you got in, say day before and you'd choosen to go elsewhere by then, then goodbye deposit.

$750 just be on the waitlist? is that some sort of scam??

i swear, tufts is very very shady..... i want my application fee back!! :mad:

$750 just be on the waitlist? is that some sort of scam??

i swear, tufts is very very shady..... i want my application fee back!! :mad:

Well at least it's refundable as long as you withdraw before they give you an acceptance. :p

Hey guys, I don't know how this year's applicant numbers are coming along. However, if last year was anything to go by, then if you haven't received an interview offer by now, then chances are slim that you'll be asked to interview. I had an interview at Tufts last year in early Feb, my group was supposed to be interviewing for the class, but when we got there, they told us that we would be doing so for the alternate list. Reason being, way too many people had applied early on, and when the first round of acceptances went out, they got way more acceptance deposits than anticipated...resulted in class being prematurely full. I know this may not be what you guys want to hear. When I was in your shoes last year, I know that I would've wanted to know if I'd be getting interviewed around this time, and if it would be for the class or the alternate. Those of you who've been interviewed, or have been asked, best of luck. Tufts is a great school. Good luck to all. Also, from what I heard, not that many people move off the list..and we had to pay $750 deposit just to be on the waitlist, which was non refundable, if you got accepted anytime before classes started, which is fine, but if you got in, say day before and you'd choosen to go elsewhere by then, then goodbye deposit.

Thanks for the heads up
(Boy, do i feel like crap now) :oops:

i interviewed on 2/13 and they said that they had about 25 or so open spots and then sent out another round of acceptances the next day. not much left open from what i hear.