1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Tufts patient pool

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by amalgam11, Dec 7, 2005.

1. amalgam11

amalgam11 Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    hey all,
    i was wondering what kind of patient pool tufts has and how it compares with UOP's. Any other insight on how these two schools measure up would be greatly appreciated. I really liked both of them when i interviewed and now i'm torn. thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LadyxJC

LadyxJC Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't know anything about UOP but I also am interested in Tufts. I was definitely positively impressed when I visited the school for the interview. They said the patient pool is large enough so that you don't have to worry about it. However, what alarmed me was when I asked my interviewer (after the interview when we were just chatting in the large suite) if students have to pay for their patients if they do not pay for the treatment they received, he didn't deny it. He said "you shouldn't pay... you won't get credit for it but you shouldn't pay, although some students choose to." I don't see why a student may choose to unless he/she couldn't get another patient easily? I don't know... and the idea that you have to share a chair with so many other students is a negative. A fourth year student told me that usually if you book about 2 weeks in advance, you shouldn't have a problem getting one. To me, 2 weeks is a long time to think ahead.

4. amalgam11

amalgam11 Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks for replying,
    i should have asked more in depth questions about this while i was there...
    does anyone know how often this is a problem for tufts students??