Tufts rejection feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

krodriguez

Tufts class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I haven't been officially rejected from Tufts (I am still waiting on the alternate list) but I'm thinking about next year. When should I talk to admissions about strengthening my application? Should I wait until the beginning of classes and I'm officially rejected? Or should I ask now so I can get started for next year? I don't want to look like I've given up but I also don't want to waste time when I could be working to improve my application.
 
I don't think asking now says that you're giving up. I think it just shows that you are planning for all contingencies. If they are going to accept you this year, I doubt they will change their minds because you asked.
 
I don't think asking now says that you're giving up. I think it just shows that you are planning for all contingencies. If they are going to accept you this year, I doubt they will change their minds because you asked.

I agree! I really don't think it can hurt your chances of being accepted if they have a spot...if anything, I think it would help, by showing them that you're dedicated and always looking to improve.

I was once told that the best question you can ask at an interview is "If I'm not accepted this year, what can I do to improve myself as a candidate in the future?" Now granted, I did not ask this question at any of my interviews - I felt like it easily could have come across as lacking self confidence or whining. But the idea behind it is a good one: showing your commitment and willingness to learn, i.e. you're not giving up, but you're also not a pompous a$$ 😛
 
Thanks for the advice! Now I feel like I should have done this earlier... oh well..... I talked to admissions and scheduled my phone appointment. Thanks again for your help!