Tufts rejection feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krodriguez

Tufts class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I haven't been officially rejected from Tufts (I am still waiting on the alternate list) but I'm thinking about next year. When should I talk to admissions about strengthening my application? Should I wait until the beginning of classes and I'm officially rejected? Or should I ask now so I can get started for next year? I don't want to look like I've given up but I also don't want to waste time when I could be working to improve my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think asking now says that you're giving up. I think it just shows that you are planning for all contingencies. If they are going to accept you this year, I doubt they will change their minds because you asked.

I don't think asking now says that you're giving up. I think it just shows that you are planning for all contingencies. If they are going to accept you this year, I doubt they will change their minds because you asked.

I agree! I really don't think it can hurt your chances of being accepted if they have a spot...if anything, I think it would help, by showing them that you're dedicated and always looking to improve.

I was once told that the best question you can ask at an interview is "If I'm not accepted this year, what can I do to improve myself as a candidate in the future?" Now granted, I did not ask this question at any of my interviews - I felt like it easily could have come across as lacking self confidence or whining. But the idea behind it is a good one: showing your commitment and willingness to learn, i.e. you're not giving up, but you're also not a pompous a$$ :p

Thanks for the advice! Now I feel like I should have done this earlier... oh well..... I talked to admissions and scheduled my phone appointment. Thanks again for your help!