Tufts reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obgyn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am REALLY struggling with where to rank tufts. I have heard so many different things. If you interviewed there...can you give me what your impression was? I would SOOOOOOOO appreciate it.
This is the biggest rank list decision for me and is one that I might potentially have a whopping fight with my husband about. So, please pity me and tell me what you thought.....

Members don't see this ad.

obgyn06 said:
I am REALLY struggling with where to rank tufts. I have heard so many different things. If you interviewed there...can you give me what your impression was? I would SOOOOOOOO appreciate it.
This is the biggest rank list decision for me and is one that I might potentially have a whopping fight with my husband about. So, please pity me and tell me what you thought.....

I was very impressed with Tufts for a number of reasons and can't really remember anything negative about the program. I thought all of the residents were very friendly and all seemed to get along very well with little or no hierarchy between the classes. They also offer a good bit of fellowships which is good if you are thinking about that. I also really felt that they had one of the stronger surgical experiences of the programs that I visited, specifically I think that interns there do more then interns at other places. I guess the only downside would be the fact that the residents are spread out over 5 hospitals and those 5 hospitals are not really close to each other.

I have also heard a rumor ( maybe others on the forum can argue one way or another in regards to this) from various folks on the interview trail and from my friend who is at Tufts Med that NEMC is financially very unstable. I am not sure what this would mean for us, but apparently out of all the hospitals in Boston NEMC is the least successful.

So in general I think the surgical training and OB training there is excellent as are the residents if you can handle the driving from hospital to hospital and the high cost of living in Boston.

Hope it helps a little. :oops: