This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to get into all these schools and am having a hard time deciding where to go. I am hopefully getting the HPSP Scholarship, so cost should not be any negative factor. I also am pretty positive I will want to specialize (but don’t know which specialty yet). Not sure if going to a school with all the specialty programs is better than going to a school with fewer residencies in the building (that’s another question I have). I also really enjoy cycling, skiing, and running and am hoping to continue that during school since it is a stress reliever for me.

Which do you think I should choose? Tufts has a larger class size, which I am a little iffy about depending on if it impacts students’ abilities to get clinical experience and patients. It could not be an issue though! I don’t know any students at Tufts.

Members don't see this ad.

I was fortunate enough to get into all these schools and am having a hard time deciding where to go. I am hopefully getting the HPSP Scholarship, so cost should not be any negative factor. I also am pretty positive I will want to specialize (but don’t know which specialty yet). Not sure if going to a school with all the specialty programs is better than going to a school with fewer residencies in the building (that’s another question I have). I also really enjoy cycling, skiing, and running and am hoping to continue that during school since it is a stress reliever for me.

Which do you think I should choose? Tufts has a larger class size, which I am a little iffy about depending on if it impacts students’ abilities to get clinical experience and patients. It could not be an issue though! I don’t know any students at Tufts.
what is your state of residency?
which school is closer to friends/family?
cost should be a factor, HPSP is not a guarantee...

what is your state of residency?
which school is closer to friends/family?
cost should be a factor, HPSP is not a guarantee...
I live in South Carolina! None of them are super close to family, as my brothers are in schools in Minnesota and Seattle (which is 3 hours from Portland so I guess kind of close).

I live in South Carolina! None of them are super close to family, as my brothers are in schools in Minnesota and Seattle (which is 3 hours from Portland so I guess kind of close).
tufts is much much closer to your family
but i would have the same concern with you about the large class size there (and other dental schools in close proximity competing for patients)

denver or portland would have much more outdoor activities available nearby than boston...

i would choose the cheapest school out of those two since HPSP is not guaranteed...