TUFTS vs U.Pitt. ??????????????????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshface

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys.. am in a fix now.. it would have been better to be accepted at just one place rather than having to decide..
can you help me decide where to go.. pitt or tufts.. both are good.. pitt is a lot cheaper than tufts.. but tufts has a big name.. i wanna take a decision i wouldn regret for my lifetime..
please give your opinion
:confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys.. am in a fix now.. it would have been better to be accepted at just one place rather than having to decide..
can you help me decide where to go.. pitt or tufts.. both are good.. pitt is a lot cheaper than tufts.. but tufts has a big name.. i wanna take a decision i wouldn regret for my lifetime..
please give your opinion

Congratulation!!! Both are a very good school. You have to think which school you like most, during the interview with faculty members, the facilities when you tour the school and your family input etc. Good luck!

I go to Pitt, which program (DMD or postgraduate) did you get accepted into? I can answer questions if you have any to help you with your choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
please give your opinion

Hi did you get acceptence call from Pitts?
Congrats! anybody else got acceptence? I am still waiting....

please give your opinion
Tufts is great. I liked it when I interviewed there, but I would run for Pitts regardless. Its low tuition and low living cost make it 30% less expensive. 55K less in two years is not bad at all. what do you think you are gonna learn more in Tufts?

i dont know if its about learning more.. guess being from india makes us more vulnerable to being lured by the big names...

I don't understand what type of assistance you need here, If you don't want to regret your decision for the rest of your life , then maybe you should make up your mind on your own , don't you think ?

are you asking what's the pros and cons of each school; perhaps?? personally i don't know, but i'm sure there's lots of ppl on the site can help, come on everybody!

Here is is my 2 bit..
Fresh
I believe you can get a good education from both of the school, I personally think you will do fine at either of the schools. So in the end pick the cheaper one so that would be Pitt per your post.

Good Luck & Best Wishes
Dentalbug

please give your opinion

I haven't been to Tufft's, but from my visits to other schools I think pittsburgh doesn't have good facilities and infrastructure, but I would still prefer pitt and I was very much disappointed when they didn't even call me for interview.
If I were in your place I would go for pittsburgh because its close to my home and secondly both the tution fee and living expenses are low compared to Boston. I might overlook the popularity of school coz at the end of the day you are getting the same degree and licence.

tufts is going to expand the facilties to 16 floors from 10 at present and in this process they are going to break the simulation lab to increase its capacity. So it wont be available to students for next 2 cycles. pitts is also a gr8 school plus a lot cheaper. so if i were in ur shoes i would have gone for pitts.. All the best for ur future.. hope u will make a good decision in the end

I haven't been to Tufft's, but from my visits to other schools I think pittsburgh doesn't have good facilities and infrastructure, but I would still prefer pitt and I was very much disappointed when they didn't even call me for interview.
If I were in your place I would go for pittsburgh because its close to my home and secondly both the tution fee and living expenses are low compared to Boston. I might overlook the popularity of school coz at the end of the day you are getting the same degree and licence.

also Pitts has very very bad patient pool. How about you pay lower tuition and get less to learn and practice?

I heard frm a current idp student at tufts, that they dont have enough chair for the students,its first come first. strange .............

I heard frm a current idp student at tufts, that they dont have enough chair for the students,its first come first. strange .............

Hmmm?...would like to know if it is true about this.. but what I heard most of the school are like that, so you need to schedule your patient and make sure they come on time. Except UMN, they have more dental chair than their curent students.

just wanna thank everyone for all the help.. sdn rocks!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Have decided to go to pitt and solicit patients for the next two years..:laugh:

just wanna thank everyone for all the help.. sdn rocks!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Have decided to go to pitt and solicit patients for the next two years..:laugh:

Congratulation!! and Good luck with your decision. You won't regret it. Upitt is a good school also. Is your intv on Tufts was on the third batch? again Congratulation