Tufts Waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmejimmy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, guys, i got waitlisted at Tufts. I just check aadsas. they changed it to wait listed. anyone? what is the possibility like at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know..my wife is hoping to find out. Unlike others on the waitlist, this is my wife's only shot at dental school, so I am just praying like there is no tomorrow.

Yeah... i got waitlisted, too :oops:
Anyone else interview on Feb. 21st?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... i got waitlisted, too :oops:
Anyone else interview on Feb. 21st?

I was there and got waitlisted too. My guess is the class filled up before they made their decisions about all of us. I do remember they siad they reject about 5%-10% of the people they interview so the news could have been worse!

Hey whats up? I was the guy with the grey pinstripe suit and a skyblue shirt. :)

Anyone know if the chances of getting accepted are greater for the following year, if you were on the waitlist for this one -or- is this not the case with Tufts Dental?

Also, could the fact that they gave students only a week to decide on going or not; be an indicator that more people left a deposit than are planning on attending? <--- {Wishful Thinking}

From what I understand the class is pretty much full. I interviewed on the 1st, they had 60ish spots left. They interviewed about a dozen groups around that time, and then it seems like most of the remaining spots were offered to the people in those groups.

I was there and got waitlisted too. My guess is the class filled up before they made their decisions about all of us. I do remember they siad they reject about 5%-10% of the people they interview so the news could have been worse!
Count me toward the wait list. I interviewed on the 22nd and they said at that time there were 10 spots left but they were expecting more deposits to come in. Hopefully people will deceide which schools they will attend soon.

Hey whats up? I was the guy with the grey pinstripe suit and a skyblue shirt. :)

Anyone know if the chances of getting accepted are greater for the following year, if you were on the waitlist for this one -or- is this not the case with Tufts Dental?

Also, could the fact that they gave students only a week to decide on going or not; be an indicator that more people left a deposit than are planning on attending? <--- {Wishful Thinking}

Hi! I was the girl in the brown suit who wouldn't stop asking questions.
I really liked Tufts- I hope we all get in off the waitlist - especially the guys wife who was waitlisted.

just checked aadsas and it says offer made for tufts...:thumbup:

does anyone know approx. how many people are on the list? I am planning on calling just wondering if anyone might know at the moment.

does anyone know approx. how many people are on the list? I am planning on calling just wondering if anyone might know at the moment.

nope. but when you call let us know the answer!

I called re: waitlist- here's what they said:

last year: only 1 person was accepted off the waitlist
year before: 9 people
year before: 1 person
year before: 18 people

so there it is.

so, did you ask how many people are in this waitlist? I believe 50. Am I right? :confused:

I intervied on 28th and got waitlisted. It seems like they just waitlist everyone. Anyone not get waitlisted? because Im not sure if its worth saving a spot on the list if there is no movement.

I called re: waitlist- here's what they said:

last year: only 1 person was accepted off the waitlist
year before: 9 people
year before: 1 person
year before: 18 people

so there it is.

hmmm..according to your data, this year should have quite a few people getting off the waitlist.

oh yeah, is anyone sending their transcripts in yet or will you wait until June???

Hey bionerd, how come you got rejected with those stats? Did you apply late? Seeing your stats and no "accepted" category in your signature makes me a little worried about me!

Hey bionerd, how come you got rejected with those stats? Did you apply late? Seeing your stats and no "accepted" category in your signature makes me a little worried about me!

oh sorry..I guess I forgot to include USC in accepted...I'll do it right now.

I'm on the waitlist as well as many of you guys are. I just received a letter from Tufts on Friday stating that they pretty much have received my money and my waitlist position is secured. Just wondering if anyone else got the note?..It didn't really state my position on the waitlist or how many people there were...