Tuition Comparisons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbsowarrior

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all the students who are confronted with the current cost of schooling....all I can say is...SUCKER! No, just joking...I feel sorry for all current or potential od students. The cost of od schools have risen considerably over the past 5-9 years. I'm not sure of all the reasons behind the fee increase...and that would probably be beyond the scope of this post. I've complied a list of schools and their respective cost for tuition - pls download the attachments. Pls bear in mind there are many other cost which are not included...such as equipment, housing, entertainment, beer fund, party fund...etc...I think all extraneous cost are similar other than the cost of housing...

Just to give you students a blast of the past...when I went to opto school in the mid-late 90's I paid $12400 tuition - 3500 scholarship - 3600 grant = $5,300.... :laugh:

all the best!
ucbsowarrior

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• rodfee.jpg
    rodfee.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 130
  • nrodfee.jpg
    nrodfee.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 116
It was always my understanding that once a student obtained a bachelor's degree he/she was unable to obtain federal grants for such things as professional or grad school.

Yep! That's my understanding too.

The word on the street is that once you enter grad/professional school, you are considered an independent in terms of financial aid (regardless of age).

Members don't see this ad :)
stompy said:
Yep! That's my understanding too.

The word on the street is that once you enter grad/professional school, you are considered an independent in terms of financial aid (regardless of age).

Gosh, the price of schools is very scarey these days. I don't see why the need to inflate the price of education so much nowadays.

Yep, especially the private schools...whew...