This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think any of our larger lecture halls had windows. Smaller classrooms did.

As far as vet school goes, it's not too bad since like someone else mentioned we have 10 minute breaks between classes so there's time to go outside (and it's a two second trip from the first year classroom). Second year room is the best - windows, big desks, etc. Third year is going to be tough because there are no windows plus it's on the third floor and not really in a convenient place for a quick trip outside between classes.

Members don't see this ad.

I've never had windows in a lecture hall... even in undergrad. Is this a thing? They were only in small classrooms or labs.
ive def had windows in smaller lecture halls (aka only like 100 students) but most of my larger lecture halls (like 300+ students) were on the inner portion of the building and had no windows

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never had windows in a lecture hall... even in undergrad. Is this a thing? They were only in small classrooms or labs.
I go to a a pretty small school. A lot of our classrooms have windows. We don't have many lecture halls but I think they have windows.

ive def had windows in smaller lecture halls (aka only like 100 students) but most of my larger lecture halls (like 300+ students) were on the inner portion of the building and had no windows
Yeah, even the few smaller lecturer halls i had were interior with no windows. Maybe the non-science buildings had lecture halls with windows? They had fancier and newer buildings haha

Yeah, even the few smaller lecturer halls i had were interior with no windows. Maybe the non-science buildings had lecture halls with windows? They had fancier and newer buildings haha
:laugh: all our lecture halls with windows (that I know of) WERE science buildings at my school. With some of them being v old hahaha

What do you mean by this?? Did Oregon used to do WICHE for its own residents? I'm confused.
Edit: I saw somewhere else you said you were IS for Va? How can you be if you've lived in Oregon that long? o_O Even more confused now

I used to live in Oregon... Was physically present in the state for 18 years and then technically a resident for another 9 years (college and military life... both let you keep your state of residence even if you aren't physically in the state for long stretches of time. Or at all, really.).

I looked into schools out west but don't qualify for WICHE even though I graduated from an Oregon high school (I was hoping I could like, grandfather myself in or something. Sometimes undergraduate schools will let you qualify as an in-state resident if you graduated from a high school in the state...). I would have considered applying to CSU if I could have petitioned for WICHE status as an Oregonian (pseudo) resident, but I can't so I crossed it off my list.

I live in VA now. Also I'm old ;)

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s part of the VMLRP :thinking:

Might be, it's a government job. Loan repayment, and all the money! Only catch is the sun sets in November and doesn't come back up until February or something.

Reactions: 1 users
Many of the classrooms and labs at my undergrad had at least a few large windows, for whatever it's worth. The vet school feels like downright dungeonlike in comparison.
When I interviewed at Iowa and saw the anatomy lab I was kinda freaked out. I now refer to it as the murder dungeon because that's the only thing I can remember about that school :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I used to live in Oregon for many years. I looked into schools out west but don't qualify for WICHE even though I graduated from an Oregon high school (I was hoping I could like, grandfather myself in or something. Sometimes undergraduate schools will let you qualify as an in-state resident if you graduated from high school in the state...). I live in VA now. Also I'm old ;)
WICHE is only if you're a resident in one of the qualifying states currently (WY, NV, AZ, NM, HI, ND--AL use to be in it but I don't think it counts for vet schools anymore since CSU?). WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT and CA residents don't qualify since they either have an IS or contract :p

Reactions: 1 user
WICHE is only if you're a resident in one of the qualifying states currently (WY, NV, AZ, NM, HI, ND, SD, AL use to be in it but I don't think it counts for vet schools anymore since CSU?). WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, UT and CA residents don't qualify since they either have an IS or contract :p

I clearly knew it wasn't going to work for me, so I obviously didn't look into it that closely. :p

Although now that you mention it maybe I was trying to see if I could be in-state for Oregon, and confused myself as I also looked into whether I could sneak my way into WICHE as a MT resident (I used to live there too and my parents still do, and last I checked you can definitely be WICHE from MT even though it's got that WIMU thing going on too).

I also tried to see if I could loophole my way into NC residency for NCSU since I lived in NC for 5 years (while technically an Oregon resident... I'm a mess) and Illinois since I lived in Chicago for two. None of those worked either. Good thing I have an IS school cuz none of my brilliant schemes work out. :laugh:

ETA: Not too salty about the failure of the MT, IL, or NC schemes but I'm an Oregonian deep down in my soul. That rejection of my identity by the school hurts real bad :cryi:

Last edited:
Might be, it's a government job. Loan repayment, and all the money! Only catch is the sun sets in November and doesn't come back up until February or something.
Who needs sun?! Barrow, here I come!

(I think I have a friend who has family that lives there and idk how tf they do it. If it’s not barrow, it’s somewhere close by up there in the Alaskan wilderness)