Tuition Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCO2010_OD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for any tuition questions that one might have....I came up with a couple.

DISCLAIMER: I know that these questions may have already been asked but I thought a more recent posting would help out the newer students (like myself). ;)

Are tuition and college fees due the first day of orientation (specifically for PCO)?

Future Reference Question: Is there a chance that I will be able to get in-state tuition for my 2nd or 3rd year?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know the private OD schools don't offer in state vs out of state tuition. Everyone pays the same thing.

but you gotta jump through some major hoops and you have to stay on top of all your forms. but it can be done! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked PCO about getting instate after a year but they told me that it's extremely difficult. So I ended up not going there mainly bc of that. You might want to double check though.

PCO2010_OD said:
This thread is for any tuition questions that one might have....I came up with a couple.

DISCLAIMER: I know that these questions may have already been asked but I thought a more recent posting would help out the newer students (like myself). ;)

Are tuition/other fees due the first day of orientation (specifically for PCO)?

Future Reference Question: Is there a chance that I will be able to get in-state tuition for my 2nd or 3rd year?

I thought that they automatically took our tuition out of our loan checks when they came in and then issue us the remainder.

KelliMW said:
I thought that they automatically took our tuition out of our loan checks when they came in and then issue us the remainder.

That would actually work out great! :)

I am the Army Health Professions Scholarship representative for your school. I would be remiss if I did not reply to this thread. Have you considered the Health Professions Scholarship (HPSP)? The HPSP provides FULL tuition, books, related educational expenses, and a generous stipend of all $16,000 per year for those students who are selected to receive the scholarship. If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to schedule a meeting with me to discuss the opportunity that is available to you. Last year, I had two students apply for the scholarship and both were selected to receive the scholarship. I could also refer you to them, if you have additional questions.