Tuition Scholarships and HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_doc12

Reaction score
Hi my school just offered me half-off tuition for all four years. I’m planning on going the HPSP route. If I accept the scholarship will the refund it to me after the Air Force pays my tuition? Am I even allowed to accept it? Let me know if anyone has experienced this before!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're school's scholarship was limited to your tuition, you won't get a refund for extra funds. I believe the HPSP pays for your tuition and fees, and if your school is giving you half off, they're just giving the discount to the Air Force.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree, there was even a thread last year I believe where a student was upset that they didn't get paid a "refund" while simultaneously getting their tuition paid by some branch of the military. It just doesn't work that way, you won't be able to get paid to attend school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree, there was even a thread last year I believe where a student was upset that they didn't get paid a "refund" while simultaneously getting their tuition paid by some branch of the military. It just doesn't work that way, you won't be able to get paid to attend school.
Was this the UTSW girl?

That sounds like a “fenced” scholarship. Those only cover tuition and can not be refunded. If you receive an “non-fenced” scholarship then those will be refunded. Don’t be afraid to pursue scholarships cause you think there will be no benefit, just make sure to pursue the right ones.

Reactions: 1 user