Tuition

Started by Kerrianne
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kerrianne

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone mind saying roughly what they pay for a year of graduate school after any scholarships and financial assistance? Or how the tuition below compares? I just got accepted into my first school and was wondering how it compares to other programs. I know I can look up tuitions online, but I was wondering what people actually end up paying after everything considered.

The tuition is about $28,000 a year now (will go up next year) and the scholarship package is $8,000 a year, resulting in the final cost being over $20,000 a year.

Thanks for any input!
 
Would anyone mind saying roughly what they pay for a year of graduate school after any scholarships and financial assistance? Or how the tuition below compares? I just got accepted into my first school and was wondering how it compares to other programs. I know I can look up tuitions online, but I was wondering what people actually end up paying after everything considered.

The tuition is about $28,000 a year now (will go up next year) and the scholarship package is $8,000 a year, resulting in the final cost being over $20,000 a year.

Thanks for any input!

i think that is a lot.

after grants i'm not paying any tuition. taking out loans for my living expenses, which is still a substantial amount. i had an offer of a half-time assistantship at a different school which would have brought the bottom line to be about the same.

i got lucky though and not everybody that i know was so fortunate. the tuition at my school (if you include the summer session) is about $18,000 a year.

also as of next year direct subsidized loans will no longer be available for graduate students, so all your loans will begin accumulating interest immediately while you're still a student.
 
I'm paying $10,000 a year for in-state tuition after financial aid. I took out loans for that amount, and then work 2 jobs plus work study to cover living expenses. That was the deciding factor between where I decided to go and another school, that was $30K++ not including living expenses.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, that is really good! I imagine most AuD programs cost significantly more.
 
Last edited:
I'm paying $10,000 a year for in-state tuition after financial aid. I took out loans for that amount, and then work 2 jobs plus work study to cover living expenses. That was the deciding factor between where I decided to go and another school, that was $30K++ not including living expenses.

i am seriously impressed. i don't know how people do this. i worked 3 jobs in my early twenties too, but at least i wasn't in school at the time and when i was done, i was done. totally burnt out after a couple years though. take care of yourself!!!
 
that is a pretty good deal.

what school are you going to? unfortunately i choose to go out of state and it was ridiculous - no financial aid package and it's too late to change my mind now. It's really what you make out of the experience though. I know a lot of people come out of their program with stellar jobs because they sought out experiences, they are available and abundant no matter what school you go to in my opinion. with the economy the way it is, i would choose to go to the cheaper school now that i look back on it. 🙂