Tulane Acp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not from the area, and I stayed at Deming for an interview in the fall, and it was fine so I assumed I'd just live there for the ACP program. But I contacted Deming today, and apparently they have no short-term rooms until August!!

I looked into the uptown dorms (which are furnished like Deming), and they're about the same prices at Deming, but they only have doubles left for the summer. And it is also a 25 minute shuttle ride to the medical campus...

Has anybody found any good housing options that are not that far from the med campus and not significantly more expensive than Deming? I pretty much need a furnished room since I'm not from the area.

I'm down to share an uptown double for the summer if anyone wants to.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah for Deming i just sent in the damn $500 deposit and application for the Fall. They dont even know what theyre going to have available in the fall. Ive been checking craigslist, and damn is housing expensive for one bedroom apt/studio.

So... don´t live in a single. There´s a lot of you looking for housing in this thread. Be roommates

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, when I had called Deming, they told me nothing was available. But I sent in a Deming housing application anyway, and found out today that I have a studio reserved. So yea they don't really seem to have their stuff together, but living there seems to be the best option so I'd recommend sending in an application/deposit for them.

yea I actually got the notice today too that I got a studio apt reserved. Weird, they told me too that there was nothing left.

Quick question, these studio apartments are single person right, NO roomate right?

Last edited:
I withdrew my spot couple days ago after officially received my acceptance letter from my waitlist school. Good luck to everyone in ACP, I'm sure you all will make it to Tulane SOM. Hopefully, someone on the waitlist can get my spot ASAP. Thank you Perrotfish for helping me out and everyone:):):) here on SDN.

Kind of funny but I think I got your spot. I got called on Thursday morning after being rejected for the program. Talk about a life shake up. I had to quite my job and pack my crap and haul booty to the Noya for the program. I'm crashing on a buddies couch for a few days but are there people still looking for roommates? If so PM me and we can chat a little about it.

How did y'all fill out your AMCAS to include the classes?

Hey everyone,

I was originally rejected from the ACP, but Shannon called me this afternoon and let me in. It's going to be a busy week getting down to New Orleans by Monday. Is anyone still looking for a roomate? PM me or email me at kennethmchin at gmail dot com

congrads chinny! wow, that's great.

sorry if this has been asked before, but i did a search and couldn't find anything...does anyone know if the definition of being waitlisted at a US med school includes Caribbean schools as well?~

Just curious...congrads to all who have been accepted!!

anybody? much appreciated :)

and if nobody minds too much, would you mind posting stats i.e. some schools at which you were waitlisted?

thank you!!

sorry if this has been asked before, but i did a search and couldn't find anything...does anyone know if the definition of being waitlisted at a US med school includes Caribbean schools as well?~

From the website:
What are the qualifications for the program?
The sole criterion for applying is that you MUST be wait-listed to an accredited U.S. medical school. NO EXCEPTIONS

Another question:

Are there similar programs like ACP at other colleges, that only allow for waitlisted students? And if you do this program, are you accepted for the following fall or do you start medical school in January after completing the program in December? And if you start in the fall, what do you for that spring term?