Tulane Cell and Molecular Bio 1 Year Masters 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acousticxlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this program...or maybe I was blind to see it but has anyone been accepted into the program for the 2012-2013 year?

Members don't see this ad.

nope. I applied to that as well being that I went to college in New Orleans. I think they plan on telling everyone on June 15.

i found out last week i was accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out I was accepted last week as well! I'm deciding between this program, CWRU, and Loyola. I have been trying to find out more info on this program, especially regarding clinical work/physician shadowing, but have not had much luck on the website. Has anyone contacted Marnie Mercado to get additional info that they could share?

I second SeahawkDoc on the additional info, although I'm just choosing between Tulane's ACP and CMB. I'll probably call Monday. Either way, I'll be looking for housing/roommates so any info would be nice. thanks!

I just accepted Tulane's CMB program for 2012-2013! One of my colleagues completed the Pharmacology program a year ago, so I have been talking with him about what areas to live in. I'm currently waiting to hear back if any of the graduate apartments are still available, although it's pretty late in the game for those so I'm not holding my breath. From what I've heard from Marnie Mercado and my Tulane connections, there isn't so much a "good" neighborhood, as there are good blocks and bad blocks. I've heard Uptown, or else along St. Charles/Magazine street, although I've never been to those in person. As a long-time resident of Seattle, I already discovered a Whole Foods/Starbucks in the Audubon-Uptown areas on Magazine St, which tend to be in decent areas... If anyone has more info, please let me know! Also, potentially looking for 1-2 roommates.

I am glad that I finally discovered some type of thread for the 2012-2013 CMB. . I was going crazy looking for anybody who is potentially doing the program! I was accepted about two weeks ago but wasted a bunch of time deciding between this and a 1-year MSc at Imperial College in London. I would be realllly appreciative if anybody could answer any of these questions:

1. Is there another forum with more threads/extensive info about this year's class?

2. I just filled out the application for the grad student apts but doubt that I will get anything at this point. Is anybody looking for a roommate? Any girls? Or guys at this point, honestly. I have just started glancing at places but it's a little overwhelming.

3. Do you think the program has a better rep this year in terms of med school admission rates for people who complete it? I have read mixed reviews and I'm a little hesitant to accept the offer. Also, Marnie Mercado is terrible at responding to emails and I don't even know when to book a flight from NY because of no set orientation date.

thank you in advance to anybody who replies!

Hi everyone, just got accepted the other day! I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a Facebook group for this specific program (for more information, roommate searching, etc.) Thanks!

Hey, are you still looking for a roommate?

I've been waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people are accepted from the waitlist? Or how many people are even on the waitlist? I definitely want to be at Tulane in the fall!

I've been waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people are accepted from the waitlist? Or how many people are even on the waitlist? I definitely want to be at Tulane in the fall!

was also waitlisted. did you get a rank or any more information? was accepted at USF (read a lot of bad things) and UMDNJ (people seem to like and more flexible program), but tulane remains my top choice.

was also waitlisted. did you get a rank or any more information? was accepted at USF (read a lot of bad things) and UMDNJ (people seem to like and more flexible program), but tulane remains my top choice.

I'm wait listed too. When did you find out? If you email Ms. Mercado she will tell you your rank information. As of exactly a week ago she replied to an email I sent saying that they had two more spots open, in addition to the two acceptances who have not accepted their spots yet. So four total until the class is full. She said that there was a good chance that the class would be full by the end of this week. :xf:

@InHim11, do you know where you are on the waitlist?

I wish Tulane could keep us more up to date about whats going on. It would be my top choice as well. I got into Georgetown's Masters in Tumor Biology program, Keck @ USC, USF, and Barry. I figure if I got into Georgetown I should be able to get into Tulane! :confused: I have to accept one of their offers by Aug 1 so I really hope I hear some good news from Tulane before then

Hey guys!

I just completed the Tulane CMB program in May. If you guys have any questions let me know (or PM me).

I'm sorry they seem slow to respond, last year we found out pretty late too. Once you get there, the program is pretty well organized so don't fret.

I'm wait listed too. When did you find out? If you email Ms. Mercado she will tell you your rank information. As of exactly a week ago she replied to an email I sent saying that they had two more spots open, in addition to the two acceptances who have not accepted their spots yet. So four total until the class is full. She said that there was a good chance that the class would be full by the end of this week. :xf:

@InHim11, do you know where you are on the waitlist?

I have no idea where I am on the waitlist. They said it could be early August before anyone found out anything as far as the waitlist goes so I'm still waiting! ha! I wonder whether or not they will send rejection letters once the class is completely full so I can know whether or not I should keep waiting...however, it is pretty late in the game..I think classes start August 27th and it's August 1st today!