Tulane Grading System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anitra627

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Tulane still uses A/B/C/D/F? Or have they changed to H/HP/P/F or. . .even better. . .Pass/Fail?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it is H/HP/P/F...pretty sure it is not ABCDF

its definitely h/hp/p/f

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc.Holliday said:
its definitely h/hp/p/f
And what's the breakdown? Are the grades curved or are the grades independent of how others are doing? Also, can any current students tell me if its hard to Honors most classes?

Honors = >94
High pass = 86-94
Pass = 70-85
Conditional = 65-69
Fail = < 65

grading is fair (not curved, unless it is to everyone's favor), and students do well. there is not a strong emphasis on "honoring" everything, as we like people who are involved in the community and are "complete people." i hope that makes some sense.

to answer your question, honoring certain classes does require a great deal of commitment and perserverence. it is, in my opinion, a question of willpower rather than ability. my classmates are incredibly smart and i believe that they could honor everything if they wanted to. most don't want or care to. if that is important to you, than it is possible. i do happen to know a number of students who have honored everything thus far (into their second years).

this is a great place to be. you can actually "develop as a person" here, if that's your thing.

serving the poor of new orleans is incredibly humbling and refreshing. and we have some GREAT coaches here who will teach you what a great physician truly is.

askoogi