You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tulane Master in Pharmacology
Started by WorldChanger36
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do the three recommendation letters have to be from one professor each or can I use my pre-health committee letter as a recommendation as one of the letters? I only have 2 biology professors that I have really bonded with since I've taken different profs throughout the four years. Also, what types of things should I tell my recommending profs to emphasize in their letters? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the graduate program apps. Thanks!
Committee letter will work fine.Do the three recommendation letters have to be from one professor each or can I use my pre-health committee letter as a recommendation as one of the letters? I only have 2 biology professors that I have really bonded with since I've taken different profs throughout the four years. Also, what types of things should I tell my recommending profs to emphasize in their letters? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the graduate program apps. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most professors have written LORs before and know what to write, but they should emphasize what skills you possess that will make you successful in a graduate programDo the three recommendation letters have to be from one professor each or can I use my pre-health committee letter as a recommendation as one of the letters? I only have 2 biology professors that I have really bonded with since I've taken different profs throughout the four years. Also, what types of things should I tell my recommending profs to emphasize in their letters? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the graduate program apps. Thanks!
Thanks! 🙂Most professors have written LORs before and know what to write, but they should emphasize what skills you possess that will make you successful in a graduate program
Awesome! Thanks so much!Committee letter will work fine.
They told me that the money is 100% refundable if you get accepted to a medical or PhD programThey accepted me but gave me a deadline of 2 weeks to respond with a deposit or the acceptance gets rescinded. Deposit is $500.
I'm not sure how likely I will be attending due to the fact of waitlist for med schools + other post bacc programs.
They do refund if you get into med school for sure.^ That's strange since the letter states the deposit being non-refundable and they told me that over the phone as well. I'll make sure to clarify and ask again.
.
Last edited:
I would apply to the ACP program not pharm if I were you
.
Last edited:
^ yeah I would try and call
They are not and without at least a 30 mcat you wouldn't gain any benefit from the program.I have considered that, but they have a min. 28 MCAT score requirement. How lenient are they about this? I plan on giving them a call today to find out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Texas residents in my program have done very well. However it should be noted that we only had two in our class, one went to Baylor ( but was accepted to other Texas schools) the other went to southwestern I thinkDoes anyone know how Texas/TMDSAS schools view this program? I've recently been accepted and I want to matriculate to schools in Texas after the program.
I figured Tulane might hold more clout just because of geography, I've also been accepted to GT and BU but I don't know if I can justify the cost.
What do u meanSo is the current app cycle to start this year or 2016?
AMCAS would be for 2016 entering class
AMCAS would be for 2016 entering class
Is the masters in pharma the same as med school where u apply this year for entrance in 2016 or is it faster and you start fall 2015?
so, my research advisor does not want to write a letter for me because of my project not being successful and her being busy. she hasnt been the best advisor either, so now im not sure who else to be a recommendor for me. help please!
.
Last edited:
Winter break and yes the program helps lock in bio very well.If I were to retake the MCAT while in this program, what would be the most logical time to study for it and take it? During the winter break? Also, is any of the course material relevant to any material tested on the new MCAT?
Lol he copped my styleMakeyrmark and markymark? In the same thread? Lol
Actually he was here first so I guess I copped his style
6
674221
For those who have completed their applications, did you write two essays or just one? There are two spaces for essays (1. Describe your purpose in taking graduate work, explain research interests, etc. 2. What made you apply to Tulane?), but one was prefaced by questions about a Phd which I will not be pursuing. Thoughts or suggestions would be great!
Honestly I don't remember, but if it were me and they gave me a chance to write two, I would def write both
I'm filling out my application right now, so if anybody knows the answer to this question, it would be very helpful!For those who have completed their applications, did you write two essays or just one? There are two spaces for essays (1. Describe your purpose in taking graduate work, explain research interests, etc. 2. What made you apply to Tulane?), but one was prefaced by questions about a Phd which I will not be pursuing. Thoughts or suggestions would be great!
I did both. So you should as well.I'm filling out my application right now, so if anybody knows the answer to this question, it would be very helpful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there guys and gals. I just got accepted into the program. Just FYI for my stats on applying:
2.86 uGPA and MCAT (25 --> 29)
Took postbacc full courseload (14-16 cr/qrt) and maintained a 3.66 GPA over 2 quarters while working full time in a lab. Over 300 hours shadowing 3 specialties, also involved in 2 undergraduate research labs focusing on neurobiology and protein chemistry. Bottom line: be honest in why you want to go to an SMP and what made you choose Tulane. Cheers.
2.86 uGPA and MCAT (25 --> 29)
Took postbacc full courseload (14-16 cr/qrt) and maintained a 3.66 GPA over 2 quarters while working full time in a lab. Over 300 hours shadowing 3 specialties, also involved in 2 undergraduate research labs focusing on neurobiology and protein chemistry. Bottom line: be honest in why you want to go to an SMP and what made you choose Tulane. Cheers.
Accepted! 🙂
Is there a Facebook page?
Is there a Facebook page?
Last edited:
...there's this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/127110450652008/
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 484
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 732
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 624