Tulane MPH and MSPH 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daydreamer23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I will be starting the MSPH in Tropical Medicine program at Tulane this Fall and I wanted to create a space for incoming MPH and MSPH students. So feel free to ask questions, ask for advice, talk about classes you're registered for, research positions, housing, New Orleans and more!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Daydreamer23! :)

I am an International student and I will be joining the MPH Epidemiology program, but I have deferred to Spring 2019.

Any other incoming students and especially new comers to New Orleans, do respond to this thread!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. Thanks for the thread. I'm an MPH hopeful at Tulane. I just took the GRE: 159V, 157Q. Yet to get AWA score. I'd like to know if there are criteria for waiving TOEFL at Tulane; some schools do this. Also, what semester do you think is the best to apply for and what are the deadlines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. Thanks for the thread. I'm an MPH hopeful at Tulane. I just took the GRE: 159V, 157Q. Yet to get AWA score. I'd like to know if there are criteria for waiving TOEFL at Tulane; some schools do this. Also, what semester do you think is the best to apply for and what are the deadlines.

It says on the website that English language requirement will be waived if UG degree is from a US accredited university. Admission Requirements | School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
I suggest you to email admissions and tell about your background and ask if you are eligible for a waiver.

I suggest you to email admissions and tell about your background and ask if you are eligible for a waiver.
Thanks for the reply. I sent them an email and they replied that if my undergrad was taught exclusively in English, then I'm eligible for a waive.

Reactions: 1 user

Hi!! Did you get your writing score back yet? Also, your quantitative and verbal scores are really good. Mine were much lower and i still got in. What concentration are you applying to? I applied in February since they have rolling admissions. But if you want to get notice early, then you should apply in the Fall :)

Hi!! Did you get your writing score back yet? Also, your quantitative and verbal scores are really good. Mine were much lower and i still got in. What concentration are you applying to? I applied in February since they have rolling admissions. But if you want to get notice early, then you should apply in the Fall :)
Thanks for the reply. Still yet to get my writing score back. I'm still a little undecided between Health education and promotion and health policy and management, but I'm leaning more towards Health education. Pls what are funding opportunities there like at Tulane for MPH

Thanks for the reply. Still yet to get my writing score back. I'm still a little undecided between Health education and promotion and health policy and management, but I'm leaning more towards Health education. Pls what are funding opportunities there like at Tulane for MPH

Oh okay! And i didnt get very much funding from them so im pretty much relying on FAFSA and im also going to try to get a research or teaching assistant position.

Oh okay! And i didnt get very much funding from them so im pretty much relying on FAFSA and im also going to try to get a research or teaching assistant position.
I just saw my AWA score. I got a 4:). Will try to get more info on the funding. If I do, I'll pass it across

Reactions: 1 users