• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
798
2
Status
hello tulaners...

i interviewed recently at tulane and when i sent beckman a thank you note, she replied and told me to "expect good news in the next few weeks." does that mean i'm in??!?!?!! or could it be waitlist? and when would i know for sure officially via snail mail??

i thought i did well at all 3 interviews and i was THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with the school.

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that most of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.
 

-Goose-

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
1,728
10
Status
Resident [Any Field]
theunderdog said:
hello tulaners...

i interviewed recently at tulane and when i sent beckman a thank you note, she replied and told me to "expect good news in the next few weeks." does that mean i'm in??!?!?!! or could it be waitlist? and when would i know for sure officially via snail mail??

i thought i did well at all 3 interviews and i was THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with the school.

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that a good bit of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.
hey--

thats great that dr beckman said that... i wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, but it sounds like your in!!!

I'm pretty (90%) sure i'll be down there next fall. still waiting to visit the school, hear more about the clinical situation in NO (at least plans for it), and also to figure out my financial package, etc. b4 katrina, tulane was my top choice; now, it still is, pending a few of these key issues...
I am from the south (tn), i also heard they are trying to get a class with lots of ties to NO/LA (geographic, family, friends, etc).

who else did you interview with?
 

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
798
2
Status
Goose-d said:
hey--

thats great that dr beckman said that... i wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, but it sounds like your in!!!

I'm pretty (90%?) sure i'll be down there next fall. still waiting to visit the school, hear more about the clinical situation in NO (at least plans for it), and also to figure out my financial packages at other schools. b4 katrina, tulane was my top choice; now, it still is, pending a few of these key issues...
I am from the south (tn), i also heard they are trying to get a class full of peeps w/ ties to NO/LA (geographic, family, friends, etc).

who else did you interview with?
BUMP!!!
 
About the Ads

psipsina

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2005
1,812
8
N'awlins
Status
Medical Student
Since Dr. Beckman is handpicking this years class thats prolly a good sign! I'm in for Fall 2006, and I'll be coming from Connecticut, but I was in New Orleans for 5 years up till the day before Katrina, so I do have strong ties to the city and the school (I'm an alum from the undergrad and was an employee of the medschool when Katrina hit) . . . as long as the housing situation improves and my financial aid package works out I'll be at Tulane next fall, who knows maybe we'll be classmates :luck: :luck:
 

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
798
2
Status
DaMota said:
any Cali kids been accepted yet?
-mota
there was a cali girl who i took the cab to the airport with... very nice girl... i think she will get accepted as well....

beckman really isn't handpicking the class though. your interview scores still need to be very high. i dont have any connections to tulane, but i really do want to go down there. if you think about it, it's really a place where i know i can make a difference.

also, if u didn't see my post in the other thread, there are 55 spots left in the class. 100 are already taken. that means another 200 acceptances or so will evetnually go out. class will be filled by mid-jan...

out of curiosity, are there a lot of minorities at tulane? i can consult the MSAR, but i find it often inacurate in describing the demographics of the med school class...

like are there are sig number of blacks, asians, etc in the class??
 

tulane06

Private Joker
10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2005
1,076
4
Status
Attending Physician
theunderdog said:
hello tulaners...

i interviewed recently at tulane and when i sent beckman a thank you note, she replied and told me to "expect good news in the next few weeks." does that mean i'm in??!?!?!! or could it be waitlist? and when would i know for sure officially via snail mail??

i thought i did well at all 3 interviews and i was THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with the school.

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that most of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.
I was told the same thing and got the "good news" via snail mail. You're in. I am originally from New York but I have been living in New Orleans the past 3-4 years.
 

tulane06

Private Joker
10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2005
1,076
4
Status
Attending Physician
theunderdog said:
there was a cali girl who i took the cab to the airport with... very nice girl... i think she will get accepted as well....

beckman really isn't handpicking the class though. your interview scores still need to be very high. i dont have any connections to tulane, but i really do want to go down there. if you think about it, it's really a place where i know i can make a difference.

also, if u didn't see my post in the other thread, there are 55 spots left in the class. 100 are already taken. that means another 200 acceptances or so will evetnually go out. class will be filled by mid-jan...

out of curiosity, are there a lot of minorities at tulane? i can consult the MSAR, but i find it often inacurate in describing the demographics of the med school class...

like are there are sig number of blacks, asians, etc in the class??
There is a ton of geographic diversity at Tulane med (most states represented). As far as ethnic diversity goes, from what I remember there are a decent number of asians, there are also a good number of blacks that graduated from Xavier.
 

fiji128

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
254
390
Status
theunderdog said:
hello tulaners...

i interviewed recently at tulane and when i sent beckman a thank you note, she replied and told me to "expect good news in the next few weeks." does that mean i'm in??!?!?!! or could it be waitlist? and when would i know for sure officially via snail mail??

i thought i did well at all 3 interviews and i was THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with the school.

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that most of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.
When did you interview at Tulane? Just had a interview there this Friday.
 
About the Ads