Tulane Questions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello tulaners...

i interviewed recently at tulane and when i sent beckman a thank you note, she replied and told me to "expect good news in the next few weeks." does that mean i'm in??!?!?!! or could it be waitlist? and when would i know for sure officially via snail mail??

i thought i did well at all 3 interviews and i was THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with the school.

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that most of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.

Members don't see this ad.

theunderdog said:
hello tulaners...

i interviewed recently at tulane and when i sent beckman a thank you note, she replied and told me to "expect good news in the next few weeks." does that mean i'm in??!?!?!! or could it be waitlist? and when would i know for sure officially via snail mail??

i thought i did well at all 3 interviews and i was THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with the school.

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that a good bit of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.

hey--

thats great that dr beckman said that... i wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, but it sounds like your in!!!

I'm pretty (90%) sure i'll be down there next fall. still waiting to visit the school, hear more about the clinical situation in NO (at least plans for it), and also to figure out my financial package, etc. b4 katrina, tulane was my top choice; now, it still is, pending a few of these key issues...
I am from the south (tn), i also heard they are trying to get a class with lots of ties to NO/LA (geographic, family, friends, etc).

who else did you interview with?

Goose-d said:
hey--

thats great that dr beckman said that... i wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, but it sounds like your in!!!

I'm pretty (90%?) sure i'll be down there next fall. still waiting to visit the school, hear more about the clinical situation in NO (at least plans for it), and also to figure out my financial packages at other schools. b4 katrina, tulane was my top choice; now, it still is, pending a few of these key issues...
I am from the south (tn), i also heard they are trying to get a class full of peeps w/ ties to NO/LA (geographic, family, friends, etc).

who else did you interview with?

BUMP!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
you're totally in.
-mota

Since Dr. Beckman is handpicking this years class thats prolly a good sign! I'm in for Fall 2006, and I'll be coming from Connecticut, but I was in New Orleans for 5 years up till the day before Katrina, so I do have strong ties to the city and the school (I'm an alum from the undergrad and was an employee of the medschool when Katrina hit) . . . as long as the housing situation improves and my financial aid package works out I'll be at Tulane next fall, who knows maybe we'll be classmates :luck: :luck:

any Cali kids been accepted yet?
-mota

DaMota said:
any Cali kids been accepted yet?
-mota

there was a cali girl who i took the cab to the airport with... very nice girl... i think she will get accepted as well....

beckman really isn't handpicking the class though. your interview scores still need to be very high. i dont have any connections to tulane, but i really do want to go down there. if you think about it, it's really a place where i know i can make a difference.

also, if u didn't see my post in the other thread, there are 55 spots left in the class. 100 are already taken. that means another 200 acceptances or so will evetnually go out. class will be filled by mid-jan...

out of curiosity, are there a lot of minorities at tulane? i can consult the MSAR, but i find it often inacurate in describing the demographics of the med school class...

like are there are sig number of blacks, asians, etc in the class??

theunderdog said:
hello tulaners...

for those that will be in the tulane SOM class of 2010 for sure, what state are you guys coming from? i have a feeling that most of the class is coming from the south and few from other directions.

I was told the same thing and got the "good news" via snail mail. You're in. I am originally from New York but I have been living in New Orleans the past 3-4 years.

theunderdog said:
there was a cali girl who i took the cab to the airport with... very nice girl... i think she will get accepted as well....

beckman really isn't handpicking the class though. your interview scores still need to be very high. i dont have any connections to tulane, but i really do want to go down there. if you think about it, it's really a place where i know i can make a difference.

also, if u didn't see my post in the other thread, there are 55 spots left in the class. 100 are already taken. that means another 200 acceptances or so will evetnually go out. class will be filled by mid-jan...

out of curiosity, are there a lot of minorities at tulane? i can consult the MSAR, but i find it often inacurate in describing the demographics of the med school class...

like are there are sig number of blacks, asians, etc in the class??

There is a ton of geographic diversity at Tulane med (most states represented). As far as ethnic diversity goes, from what I remember there are a decent number of asians, there are also a good number of blacks that graduated from Xavier.

theunderdog said:
hello tulaners...

When did you interview at Tulane? Just had a interview there this Friday.