Tulane Secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sage144

When typing the responses does it seem that you guys are cut off way too prematurely to even say anything remotely insightful? ... like cut off with a space before the next question.

i just want to check to make sure i'm not doing anything wrong... ?

Members don't see this ad.

yes... is anyone else having this problem?
I'm not sure what to do about it other than to cut and paste (w/scissors) or type it.

I tried everything possible to manipulate Adobe Acrobat (and i have the full version) but it seems that they have the text box fixed. So you can't enlarge it. If you see the amount of characters, it's like 455 chars that they allow specifically for EACH essay. Not sure of the number, but I did note that the number of characters is the same for every question. So obviously, they have put a limit on how much we can type. They just haven't let us know about it.

My best suggestion is to cut it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok guys,
i did a search and noticed that mystic_b has come up with a solution to this problem. he/she says you can change the text box options, but i don't know how! anyway, i pm'd him/her and will let you know what i hear! it seems very strange that they made the limit so small. my answers are pretty short, but they still don't fit in the box!
-lola :)

This is from Spiderman on how to change font, etc...:

Press "F" on you keyboard. The form tool is going to show up. Just right click on the box you want to change and go properities. Go from there. You can change font, allignment and font size.

Also, you can change the character max here by going to options. It's currently set at 425. YAY!!

Thanks, Spiderman!

Hey, but what if they just decide to stop reading after 455 characters and cut of fthe rest of the essay? Isn't the limit there for a reason?

Lola,
I posted the link to the tulane secondary app in my "loyola" thread for you. Go and download it. The link worked for me.

I think there's a limit for a reason. However, I think that a lot of people will type their's in or cut and paste rather than use Adobe. In that case they will go way past the limit (without even knowing it) since the limit is set really small.

My answers aren't really long or anything -- just a little longer than their teeny limit!

I used adobe 4.0 and for some reason it lets me paste as much as I want into the text box from Word, but when I type the answers in adobe, I get stopped pretty fast. I printed it out and the font to some of my answers is smaller than the font for the questions. I hope this won't be a problem.