Tulane University School of Medicine c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babytiger319

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Welcome to Tulane's class of 2014 thread. I noticed we didn't have one, so I decided to start one. Feel free to share comments, suggestions, and any life experiences pertinent to Tulane.

I'm definitely going to be attending Tulane. Both my fiance and I got accepted to the school so that made my decision pretty easy. It also helps that its in his hometown and in the awesome city of New Orleans. I cannot wait to live in NOLA!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hmm...our thread's terribly quiet...

Hey everyone!!! How goes it? A few questions:
1) Anyone else starting their MPH in a few weeks? If so, what do we do to register for courses?

2) Anyone else moving down to New Orleans from pretty far away? Are you all selling all your furniture and buying new stuff there? I really want to start this summer and knock as many MPH classes out of the way as possible BUT I'm afraid I'm not currently in the financial situation that would enable me to pick up and move that far so quickly... Any suggestions? I heard rumors of short term loans from the school...any current/former students know anything about that?

hi.is there any freshman veterinary students out there?or some old ones?im starting to have doubts about choosing to be a vet,i need some one to comfert me:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey thanks for starting this, we definitly needed one. I'm really excited to get get started at Tulane this fall.

has anyone seen/started a facebook group for our class?

yeah, there's a fb group...just search for "Tulane Medicine 2014" on fb, and it should come up. It's filling up quickly!

What up peeps! I'm all over that facebook group as well, maybe I met some of y'all at the 2nd looks? I moved from Atlanta just in time for the Black and Gold Superbowl. I am *probably* starting MPH in the summer, but I haven't heard back yet about my application. Also applying for HSPS, Army.

...and don't think I didn't notice we've all changed our status to "Medical Student."

We deserve it, no harm no foul.

nicely said panicAttack:)but seriously no vet students?????

Hey thx PinkIvy, really appreciate it!!

Hey, has anyone rcvd their financial aid info? I just received mine and only got loans. And over 72K in loans is a TON of money.... Did ANYONE receive grant money in their package yet???

Hmm...our thread's terribly quiet...

Hey everyone!!! How goes it? A few questions:
1) Anyone else starting their MPH in a few weeks? If so, what do we do to register for courses?

2) Anyone else moving down to New Orleans from pretty far away? Are you all selling all your furniture and buying new stuff there? I really want to start this summer and knock as many MPH classes out of the way as possible BUT I'm afraid I'm not currently in the financial situation that would enable me to pick up and move that far so quickly... Any suggestions? I heard rumors of short term loans from the school...any current/former students know anything about that?

I will be starting MPH classes at the beginning of June. I recently received the information packet that was very helpful. You can register for classes after receiving your tulane email and password. You can also apply for financial aid for the summer after registering for classes. I'm hoping to take all of the core classes this summer but I'm having trouble registering for one of them.

I will be starting MPH classes at the beginning of June. I recently received the information packet that was very helpful. You can register for classes after receiving your tulane email and password. You can also apply for financial aid for the summer after registering for classes. I'm hoping to take all of the core classes this summer but I'm having trouble registering for one of them.

Hey! So, I got finished up registering for courses and everything like the week following my post :) If you're having trouble registering, try hitting up Ms. Dierker via email. She was able to get me enrolled in all my summer courses, even though some overlapped, with a very quick turnaround (~24 hrs).

Now, I'm just waiting for the FA dept to actually read my app...seems like I won't hear anything back until after summer classes start :/ Kinda bites...

Hey everyone, how did class registration go for the summer people? Have we been sent any info for the regular year to our new emails? I cannot access mine yet--something about not being able to find me. Maybe I'm just getting too excited :)

I spoke to financial aid yesterday. If you are doing summer classes, they said that the money will not be ready in time for the first day but probably within a week or 2 of the term. I've been having trouble logging in to my email as well, but I did get it to work the first time. Anybody going to orientation tomorrow at Tidewater?