Tulane v Howard(disregard COA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

greengoblin16

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am from MI, so both would be a large move. I am a URM and coming from MI, both would be more diverse in comparison to my undergrad PWI. Finances would be covered in each circumstance, but I am struggling to choose between the schools.

Tulane
Pros:

More family near there
Possibly more national recognition
True P/F
Possibly better research setup


Cons:
Further from home
Very hot(am an avid runner)
Possibly not as diverse as other option

Howard
Pros:
DC better city to live in imo
Really feel like the admin cares about me

Cons:
Recently on Academic probationary status
possibly smaller name in medicine
 
Last edited:
Congrats! Howard matches really well at the top of the class. Really well. I roomed with a guy while we both did away rotations in Boston. He matched at mgh for ortho. There were a few Howard grads in that group who matched at some stellar programs.

I don’t know much about Tulane but Howard does really well for its students.

If the money is really the same go where you feel you’re most likely to succeed.