Tulane vs. Jefferson -- Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel that I am comparing apples and oranges. I would appreciate any thoughts people have on these two institutions. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm....it's actually "wiz wit" vs. crawfish ettoufee.

I've had good cheesesteaks from both Gino's and Pat's (my favorite) and I've had great food in New Orleans. Personally, I would go with the food in New Orleans because a half-@$$ed cheesesteak is still 100 times better than fake cajun/creole food.

I'm going to Tulane next year because I really liked it and it was the only place I got in. So my choice was easy. If both are the same price and your family is just as far away from either, then flip a coin. But there are a lot more resources - parks, mountain, non-corrupt local governments, grocery stores around TJ and Philly than I think there are in NO. That said, I prefer NO over Vegas for fun and I'm from Baltimore so I automatically hate Philly.

Word.

Much love for N'awlins here. Its an amazing city thats seeping with culture and music and fabulous food. Tulane is awesome too, I did my UG there and would have loved to have gone to their medschool but their tuition came between my heart and my wallet and I'm two blocks away for 35k less per year. The medschool is very laid back and I have friends there who love it. My husband did his UG in philly at temple and prefers new orleans. I don't know enough about Jeff to really weigh it against Tulane.