Tulane

Started by Samoa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I interviewed at Tulane, and they sent us letters saying they were pulling out of the match, and they could not offer guaranteed positions until June, when they heard back from the RRC on whether they could start their program again. They said to keep them in mind because they will have a program next year. Are you sure they are offering contracts in the scramble? It was my impression they would not be able to do that until June.

Even though I did not rank any of the programs very high on my list, I actually liked Tulane better than the other two programs in New Orleans. Mostly because they stay in New Orleans (unlike LSU), but they still have some strong staff and the new leadership seems very invested in the program.

If anyone fails to scramble into one of the last 2 spots I think you would be pretty lucky to get a spot there. Just my opinion.
 
I was right, though. And it was interesting to see who all came out of the woodworks to call me a liar.

However, this time I think PegasusDoc has better information than I do. Honestly, I commend them for how they're handling it, and I'll be interested to see what happens over the next few months and years.
 
Honestly, I commend them for how they're handling it, and I'll be interested to see what happens over the next few months and years.

Since we're reviving old threads, what do people think about the changes Tulane has made since Katrina and re-applying for accreditation? Anyone have any comments on the training here? Doing a search of old threads gives little information about the current state of the department since major changes were made in 2007.