Tuskegee 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lelolai

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of the people who applied to Tuskegee... has anyone heard anything from the school? I try to click to link to the online admissions area and it gives me an error...

Members don't see this ad.

lelolai-

Sorry, didn't see this thread right away. It's not unusual to not be able to log on at this time! Everybody seems to want to log on to check and the adcom is starting to go over applicants to interview. Also, they tend to take the system down at times as well. Try logging on late at night, early morning, etc.

Don't worry, you will hear from them. Patience is a virtue and TU is not always lightning fast, so be forewarned. As I have mentioned before, they are short-staffed and do not always return phone calls/emails promptly. This is NOT to say that they are uncaring or rude...simply that they are short-staffed and have other duties as well and cannot return every anxious phone call or email.

If your anxiety is due to something such as missing transcripts, test scores, etc. then by all means call or email. If not, then be patient. News will be forthcoming. They usually send out interview offers all at once.

Good luck:luck:

Of the people who applied to Tuskegee... has anyone heard anything from the school? I try to click to link to the online admissions area and it gives me an error...

Hi lelolai--

I received an email as follows on NOV. 14 -

"
Thank you for your interest in Tuskegee School of Veterinary Medicine. At
this time, we have received all of your information required in order to
further review your application for admittance for the incoming class of

The Admissions Committee will be meeting shortly and will decide upon
applicants who will be granted interviews. Look for a letter/email in
late December/ early January stating you specific status.

Thank You,
Terri Thompson
School of Vet Med
Office of Admissions
[email protected]
phone: 334-727-8460
fax: 334-724-4785
"

looks like we'll be hearing from them shortly...

loo -- how has your first year been? pros cons you'll like to share about tuskegee? any info would be great! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same notification... and still nothing.

thanks for the replies guys and still haven't heard a peep :(

Hello all.. I applied to Tuskegee as well and got a email back in October stating I was missing my transcript (stupid school didn't send it out).. But I got that situation handled and haven't heard anything from the school since. One of my friends whose in the class of '12 told me to go email Dr. Eljack himself :laugh: this week to find out what's going on.. I go to a HBCU for undergrad so I'm familiar with slow administration.. but it's still nerve wracking..

Ok, so I got an e-mail today saying that my application was passed to the committee and they would update my status late January/early February. I'm unsure if this means that I will get an interview or not. I guess I'll just wait it out. Did anyone else receive an e-mail?

Ok, so I got an e-mail today saying that my application was passed to the committee and they would update my status late January/early February. I'm unsure if this means that I will get an interview or not. I guess I'll just wait it out. Did anyone else receive an e-mail?

I did !! I don't know if this guarantees you an interview or not .. :rolleyes:

Let's hope!! lelolai, did you apply anywhere else?

yeah I did !!!

I only got interviewed for Ross .. got denied by Penn ..

I applied to Tufts, Iowa, Missouri, Penn, Ross, Tuskegee .. hoping not to get denied by Tuskegeeeeee :(

You'll be fine!! My vet suggested that I apply to Tuskegee. Some of her professors that she enjoyed moved from Auburn to there.

Good luck!!

If you applied to Tuskegee, look on your application status page!!!! You may have a nicccceee suprise waiting for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, Praise the Lord!! Got mine to! Congrats to you others!

Thank you twelvetigers, but this is just interviews. We still have to anxiously await for acceptances. Maybe your clairvoyant! That'd be nice.

yay! thanks for letting us know, GACowgirl. I can't open up the invitation letter though, is anyone else having problems with it, or can you post it here? when I click on the button on the right it just reloads the application status page.

Last edited:
Congrats everybody.. I just nervously check my status and I got to the interview process as well.. So anxious/excited!! What dates are you guys thinking of?

I've changed my date 3 times!! I am sticking with the 17th. I am going to drive from there to Mississippi for my interview the 18th. It will save me a few hours on the road and gas.

Does anyone else find the website difficult to navigate? I have been searching, with no avail, for the last 2 hours for the curriculum at the school!:scared: I just can't seem to find anything on it. Let me know if anyone knows where it is.

thanks lelolai!!! it's soooo strange, the letter still isn't showing up. it DOES say "Invited for interview; Click Invitation Letter". I don't know why it's not showing up...i've tried on 2 computers. should I email someone in case it's a mistake OR anyone else having the same problem?

For those of you that received interviews at Tuskegee, did you just submit the date that you wanted on the status page? I am just making sure that I don't need to call admissions and confirm. They gave me a time stating 8-12 on the day I requested. Also, have you made reservations if you are planning on staying overnight? Thanks for the help!

For those of you that received interviews at Tuskegee, did you just submit the date that you wanted on the status page? I am just making sure that I don't need to call admissions and confirm. They gave me a time stating 8-12 on the day I requested. Also, have you made reservations if you are planning on staying overnight? Thanks for the help!

I haven't made my reservations yet. Have you? How much is the on-campus hotel? I'm in GA as well, but it will take 2 hours to get there from where I am (according to mapquest), so I'm not going to drive there that morning. I think they updated the status page, so you don't have to call. Mine says "Called For Interview Feb. 17, 8:00-12:30" Instead of "Invited for interview" and the date I selected. They are supposed to be sending a package in the mail, according to the letter on the admissions page.

Good Luck!!

I have not made reservations yet; I guess I will tomorrow! I emailed Terri Thompson and got an immediate response email saying that I was confirmed and that more info will be sent when the time gets closer...Sounds good to me! I live about 25 minutes from Macon, so I guess I am like two hours from Tuskegee. We are going to leave on Thurs. evening when I finish with classes (my interview is Friday)..got a good ol' Biotechnology exam that day! Well good look at your interview!! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

Do any of ya'll know when the committee is going to meet to make their selections or when they will notify us if we got accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

I asked after my interview, and they said it would be about a month.

Two weeks to a month is what they told me!!

They told me mid-March.... ahhh so far away!! :eek:

GOOOSH Darn It! That is a long wait!...Hey I like the two weeks wait...we almost have one week under our belts! Did ya'll enjoy yourselves while at Tuskegee?

Have any of ya'll heard anything??

I am new here. I haven't found out anything either. I think the wait is the worst part of the whole process. Hope we all hear good news.

nothing yet ... has anybody received any news?

By my count it's mid-March and there's no news... I half wanna call TU and see what's going on... anyone know anything about when we're supposed to hear back? They had told me mid-March at my interview and that it would be via letter/the status page... but nothing has changed ... maybe I should wait a few more days and then call?

They told me two weeks to a month on my interview day.
But nothing so far, and the end of this week will make it a month!!

Last edited:
I called Tuskegee today and they said they will be sending out letters on or before April 15th. :lame:

:eek: Man....this is really killing me....:mad:

Dang, April 15th? I was hoping to hear some good news after spring break..

a friend of mine told me that a close friend of hers studies in TU and was told that they are starting to send letters today .. march 31st :scared:

good luck everyone !

Hope good news is received for everyone. Good luck. Everyone should automatically receive good news after a six week wait.:)

Do they only send the letters through snail mail or do they also use the online application status web page? And BEST OF LUCK to everyone!!:luck:

Last year, you found out via the status page...followed up by an official letter.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait a little longer, since nothing has changed on the status page.:xf:

mine hasn't changed either .. I'm nervous !!!! :xf:

I talked to the admissions office this morning. I was told that about 75% of the letters have been mailed. The website will also be update for the acceptance/rejections. Alternates will not receive a hard copy letter but the website will be updated letting them know and letters will follow around 4/15/09. They still have about five interviews to do :)confused:) and that is why this process is really slow right now. I hope this information helps.

Does anyone know when they are sending out more letters? I am so nervous and my stomach is constantly upset all the time. :eek: