Tuskegee 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I talked to the admissions office this morning. I was told that about 75% of the letters have been mailed. The website will also be update for the acceptance/rejections. Alternates will not receive a hard copy letter but the website will be updated letting them know and letters will follow around 4/15/09. They still have about five interviews to do :)confused:) and that is why this process is really slow right now. I hope this information helps.
You have GOT to be kidding me...who in the heck is interviewing this late? I wonder why they did not send all of the letters out all at once.... and I wonder how they are ranking (like are the first people to get acceptances that star applicants??). Crazy! I just want to know if I am a reject or a coolject...my new word I just invented for being accepted! Well my dears....good luck...have fun waiting....and waiting...and lets hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe they are going by interview day. Maybe the people who interviewed on Monday got their letters sent out first. Who knows. I wonder if they sent any rejection letters. I want to know so bad as well if I am rejected or accepted. If I am rejected I need to figure out what my next step is. My life is on hold. :confused:

Maybe they are going by interview day. Maybe the people who interviewed on Monday got their letters sent out first. Who knows. I wonder if they sent any rejection letters. I want to know so bad as well if I am rejected or accepted. If I am rejected I need to figure out what my next step is. My life is on hold. :confused:
You and I just need to float in the same boat! I interviewed on the Friday date. My plan B is going to have to kick in....graduate in May...work full time at the clinic....and then apply again! If that does not work...then I will go to plan C...grad school. Tuskegee -------> :poke: <----- me

Members don't see this ad :)
You have GOT to be kidding me...who in the heck is interviewing this late? I wonder why they did not send all of the letters out all at once.... and I wonder how they are ranking (like are the first people to get acceptances that star applicants??). Crazy! I just want to know if I am a reject or a coolject...my new word I just invented for being accepted! Well my dears....good luck...have fun waiting....and waiting...and lets hope for the best!

I received an interview invitation to Tuskegee on March 25th via email to interview on April 8th. I am declining b/c I was accepted to WesternU. I was extra extra surprised that they would interview that late?!?! Don't we all have to decide by April 15th?!?!

I received an interview invitation to Tuskegee on March 25th via email to interview on April 8th. I am declining b/c I was accepted to WesternU. I was extra extra surprised that they would interview that late?!?! Don't we all have to decide by April 15th?!?!
WOW! That is surprising that they waited so late. Well Congrats on getting an interview, but way more congrats by getting accepted to Western!!! Thanks for the input though!

Do any of you know how many people they have left to send letters to? So weird how they are going about this!

I was told by the admissions office that they sent out 30 letters on the 31st.

Well...any news today?:whistle: I tried calling them today, but I can't get an answer. Hopefully soon....lol...then I will stop posting on here so much! Have a GREAT week!

I called them today, and Terri Thompson told me that they are making decisions in rounds. The first round letters went out, and it will be "a couple more weeks" before they decide on the second round.

I wonder if that means 30 acceptances, rejections, or just saying hi! :eek:

I GOT IN!!! My letter was sent on March 25th...it was sent to my college. So today at 5pm I got a call from school saying that they had a letter for me from TU!!!! That was the longest drive of my life!!!! I have been nervous for NOTHING the past week...darn mistake that it was addressed to school! Good luck to those of you waiting....Believe me...I know just how it feels!:luck: :soexcited:

Congrats GACowgirl!!!! I am sure that you are very excited. I am still waiting on my letter. Hopefully it will be soon. Congrats again! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats GACowgirl!! Come join the facebook if you want to, there are only 8 people in the group. :)

Good luck to those who are still waiting!! :luck:

Congrats GACowgirl!!!! I am sure that you are very excited. I am still waiting on my letter. Hopefully it will be soon. Congrats again! :thumbup:
Thanks! I hope that it will be soon for you too! It is crazy how much that can work your nerves up! It wont be long. They sure did not give much time on getting the deposit in...if i recall correctly it was next week, so they better hurry and get the other letters out! My status page was not updated. When I emailed Ms. Thompson, she told me that my letter was in the mail and to call her if I did not get it by Wed. Then my school called and said we have a letter for you that is from TU! I live like 25 min. from school so I felt like I was driving 5454876454185 hours to get there! Best of luck to you! Call the adm. office in the morning to check on your status.

My214: I think I am the ONLY loser on the planet that does not have facebook! I think I should create one...maybe I should stay off of SDN and do that! Have you looked for housing yet?

Congrats, GAcowgirl!

I am worried that my interview was so bad that I won't get in.:eek:

I'm worried about my interview too .. :(

congrats cowgirl !!!!! you must feel wayyyy tooooo happy !! :D

Have you looked for housing yet?

Well, I'm thinking about purchasing a mobile home. It seems to be a pretty good option financially. I'm in south FL now, so I've been doing some search online. Maybe I'll go to AL in late June or early July. How about you?

For those of you who got acceptance letters... congrats!! When does Tuskegee want you to respond by? Just wondering for those of us who might be placed on a waitlist...

For those still waiting, hang in there! April 15th is around the corner! :)

Hey Tanoshii66, they want a response by the 13th... I sure hope that you find out real soon! For those of you that think your interviews went bad....STOP doubting yourself! I bet they went fine! GOOOOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting...God I know what it feels like...WORST FEELING!! If you don't get in, there is always a next year...a year to improve your application...that it was I had my mind set on!

Well, I'm thinking about purchasing a mobile home. It seems to be a pretty good option financially. I'm in south FL now, so I've been doing some search online. Maybe I'll go to AL in late June or early July. How about you?
I would LOVE to find a barn apt. so that I can take my horse! I think we are going to ride over and look around. Hey you can probably get a camper for a CHEAP price! I lived in an apt. when I was at UGA this past summer and hated it! I much rather live in a house or barn apt.! Have you started the financial aid process?

How much longer is it going to be? It seems like time is passing by so slow. Has anybody heard when they are going to mail out the rest of the letters? When are the status pages going to be updated? I am so nervous!!!! I need to know to look for a professional job or look for a non professional job. :scared:

How much longer is it going to be? It seems like time is passing by so slow. Has anybody heard when they are going to mail out the rest of the letters? When are the status pages going to be updated? I am so nervous!!!! I need to know to look for a professional job or look for a non professional job. :scared:

Check your status my dears! Your wait is over! I hope that ya'll have good news waiting!!!!!!:luck: Hope to see ya'll there!

Check your status my dears! Your wait is over! I hope that ya'll have good news waiting!!!!!!:luck: Hope to see ya'll there!

Still nothing!!!! What is going on?!!!! I know I am being a pest, but you all understand. :bullcrap:

I think they only updated the status of those who got letters bc mine hasn't changed either... I have a feeling they will be sending out the 2nd round of letters either today or tomorrow since we're supposed to know by next Wednesday! Good luck to everyone!! :luck::xf:

I just checked my status and I have been updated. I am an alternate.

Every time I try to check my status it says "page cannot be found". What gives?

I just checked and I'm an alternate as well. Here's to two waitlists! :xf:

Maybe I'm just too stupid...but when you guys check, do you go to the vet school page and click on the online app to get your status, or do you go somewhere else? I haven't been able to get on...

Nevermind...it appears that the various links to the application that can be found on the website aren't all functional. My page still hasn't changed. Still waiting...+pissed+

I'm an alternate .. but can't see the student letter :(

Dare I be a pessimist, but I am thinking that they saved the rejections to post last. Since my status page hasn't changed, this must mean that my app is in the rejection pile. This is my gut feeling, anyway.:(

Dare I be a pessimist, but I am thinking that they saved the rejections to post last. Since my status page hasn't changed, this must mean that my app is in the rejection pile. This is my gut feeling, anyway.:(

I hope not. Now you have me thinking as well. A response has to be in by the 13th which is Monday. So if we did get in we can not give a response b/c we don't know our status.

I hope we get in. I will pray for you. Have a blessed Easter.

I just saw an email on yahoo and someone in the class of 2012 said if we have not heard about our status to contact Dr. Eljack. What do you all think? Do you all think this would be rude?

I just saw an email on yahoo and someone in the class of 2012 said if we have not heard about our status to contact Dr. Eljack. What do you all think? Do you all think this would be rude?

Just popping in here (I didn't apply to TU, but thought i could help with this question)
I personally don't believe it's rude to inquire about your status. They understand that you need to make plans, etc. I know i contacted PEI last week because I hadn't heard, and I needed to send WesternU my deposit if I didn't get into PEI. As long as your polite, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you your status.

Cheers to those of you on the wait list and to those of you that do not even know a darn thing!!:luck:

Just wanted to let you all know that I was rejected. :cry:

Congrats to everyone that was accepted and Good Luck on your veterinary studies. :luck:

Anyone know when the accepted students in the 2nd round (the letters sent out 4/10) need to respond by? I know with the first round the letters were sent out 3/31 and the students had to respond by 4/13... the wait is killing me, I just want my phone to ring!

I haven't even gotten a letter saying I was rejected! I guess I will have to call tomorrow.

So disorganized...:annoyed:

Hey for those of you who have not heard anything thus far, there still may be a chance for you! Read the email that Mrs. Thompson sent out. I am wishing you gooooood luuckk!:luck::luck:

Hey GACowgirl, would you mind posting what the email said? I am curious...

I finally got my rejection letter, dated March 11th, on April 17th. It wasn't even signed. The reasons that they gave for rejection were based on things that are not true about my application. I was really irritated by the entire process, and this is not a function of the fact that they rejected me.

If my application was that crappy, they should have not wasted my time and money with an interview. When I arrived for my interview, I was taken up by the student an hour and a half later than my scheduled interview time. The woman who interviewed me thought that I was a no-show. The other interviewers had left, so I felt that I wasn't fairly evaluated, as it was the opinion of one person (one person who made it very clear in the course of the interview that she did not like me AT ALL).

No tour, more of a, "don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out" sort of attitude. Not a good experience at all. It did not leave me with a favorable impression of their school. :thumbdown:

Hey for those of you who have not heard anything thus far, there still may be a chance for you! Read the email that Mrs. Thompson sent out. I am wishing you gooooood luuckk!:luck::luck:

Hey GACowgirl, would you mind posting what the email said? I am curious...

I finally got my rejection letter, dated March 11th, on April 17th. It wasn't even signed. The reasons that they gave for rejection were based on things that are not true about my application. I was really irritated by the entire process, and this is not a function of the fact that they rejected me.

If my application was that crappy, they should have not wasted my time and money with an interview. When I arrived for my interview, I was taken up by the student an hour and a half later than my scheduled interview time. The woman who interviewed me thought that I was a no-show. The other interviewers had left, so I felt that I wasn't fairly evaluated, as it was the opinion of one person (one person who made it very clear in the course of the interview that she did not like me AT ALL).

No tour, more of a, "don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out" sort of attitude. Not a good experience at all. It did not leave me with a favorable impression of their school. :thumbdown:
I sent it through a pm. I am sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I bet all of your nerves are shot. :(

No news yet, anyone else waiting to hear from TU? (either on a waitlist or haven't heard anything yet).

No news yet, anyone else waiting to hear from TU? (either on a waitlist or haven't heard anything yet).
WOW, you have yet to hear anything!?? Maybe that is a good thing! They sent us a packet filled with lots of papers to fill out. I wander when they will let the next group of people find out if they are in:confused:...hopefully that will be you! God luck!

I'm on the alternate list... waitlist... and Terri Thompson said that they usually don't look at the waitlist until summer (or sooner or later??) so hopefully I will get a call soon! :luck::xf:but thanks! :)

I received my letter this week. I am officially accepted to Tuskegee University SVM Class of 2013. Good luck to those waiting.

I received my letter this week. I am officially accepted to Tuskegee University SVM Class of 2013. Good luck to those waiting.
Cool Beans!!! I bet you were excited when you saw the letter! Now good luck on filling out all of the dang paper work!!! CONGRATS and we will meet soon!

Did your online status change before or after the letter? I'm an alternate and haven't received any news yet, but hopefully I will soon!! :xf:

Yes I was excited. It will be nice to meet everyone. My status changed first on the internet first and the letter followed within a day or two via certified mail. Good luck.