Tuskegee University c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danka Sotelo

Reaction score
Hi I haven't seen anyone make a thread for Tuskegee yet so here it is!!!
OOS first time.
Good Luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to yall! I’m a current second year, so feel free to ask me any questions :)

Good luck to yall! I’m a current second year, so feel free to ask me any questions :)
How was your interview? Mine is coming up in a few days and I'm a little nervous :'). Did they ask a lot of science based questions?

I had my interview 11/2 and it was very relaxed. The majority of my questions were about my application and experience.

Last edited:
I had my interview 11/2 and it was very relaxed. The majority of my questions were about my application and experience.
They already sent out interview invites? Was it through email?

Do they leave a message if you dont answer?
Nope, they didn't leave me one. I missed the call and called back a few minutes later. The call came from Ms. Stoneback.

How was your interview? Mine is coming up in a few days and I'm a little nervous :'). Did they ask a lot of science based questions?
Don’t stress too much! I know everyone says this, but just be yourself. They only asked me one or two vet med questions — I think one was about sites for venipuncture. Nothing super detailed. It’s a relatively laid back interview.
good luck!

I got a call on 10/31 and scheduled it for 11/2. The day before i got the zoom link.
Hey! Have you heard anything back since your interview? The lady I talked to told me that we should hear back in a few weeks/early December?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Have you heard anything back since your interview? The lady I talked to told me that we should hear back in a few weeks/early December?
Just heard that there may be a delay in acceptances to the end of January.

Attachments

• 5ED5BCCB-59E1-4F76-A475-7D01DED27D23.jpeg
    5ED5BCCB-59E1-4F76-A475-7D01DED27D23.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: 1 users
Still never got a call for interview or anything 😭

Still never got a call for interview or anything 😭
Suggest to call them. I heard via phone and email with interview invite. Did you check your spam folder? I heard from
Deetra Benn (334-727-8309).

Suggest to call them. I heard via phone and email with interview invite. Did you check your spam folder? I heard from
Deetra Benn (334-727-8309).
I just called and she said that they are backed up on calling people and scheduling interviews, so maybe theres still a chance? Idk 🫠

And yeah ive check spam and havent gotten any calls from them

Has anyone recently had an interview? 2nd time applying to Tuskegee, OOS. Also waiting for an interview invite. Last year decisions were sent Jan 5th (or when I received my letter at least)

Has anyone recently had an interview? 2nd time applying to Tuskegee, OOS. Also waiting for an interview invite. Last year decisions were sent Jan 5th (or when I received my letter at least)
I interviewed in late November 2022. You may want to call them about an interview. I believe they are getting ready to publish decisions soon.

Omg I just called and they said I was missing my veterinarian evaluation. But I emailed it before the deadline which they had approved for me to do, so now my app is back in review 😭 that would have been awful if that was my reason for denial. Thank you @future_vet !!

Omg I just called and they said I was missing my veterinarian evaluation. But I emailed it before the deadline which they had approved for me to do, so now my app is back in review 😭 that would have been awful if that was my reason for denial. Thank you @future_vet !!
Glad you called. Did they say they were still interviewing? I'm sure they will send you a note soon to interview. Best wishes.

Glad you called. Did they say they were still interviewing? I'm sure they will send you a note soon to interview. Best wishes.
I left my number as the person who received my email isn't in the office yet. Ms. Benn said she will call back with an update regarding the next steps so I'm not sure if that means an interview or not.

I think they may be doing the interviews in two or three different waves. I read through old SDN forums and there were always some november/early december interviews and then some after that in jan/feb as well

Ms. Benn just returned my call and said the college is still reviewing applications and sending interview invites.

Ms. Benn just returned my call and said the college is still reviewing applications and sending interview invites.
That's good news! I'm sure you will be receiving an email with an interview invite soon.

Last edited:
  • Care
Getting anxious to hear about acceptance to TUCVM. Has anyone heard if they have been accepted? I know they said no later than the end of January but hoping it would be sooner.

I just got an interview invite via email!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Getting anxious to hear about acceptance to TUCVM. Has anyone heard if they have been accepted? I know they said no later than the end of January but hoping it would be sooner.
Same i have yet to hear anything

The suspense is killing me. I've been checking my email every 30 minutes haha. LMK if ya'll hear anything :) Hope we all get accepted!

I believe the latest is that we may hear in February since they're still conducting interviews.

Just so you all have a time frame because I know how stressful this is! I was an applicant last cycle and they kept pushing back when we would hear. I know the admissions office was going through some staffing changes so they were having trouble keeping up but we were told initially before winter break and it kept getting delayed until mid-late February (or at least that’s when I heard back) and my interview was early November.

Reactions: 2 users
Just so you all have a time frame because I know how stressful this is! I was an applicant last cycle and they kept pushing back when we would hear. I know the admissions office was going through some staffing changes so they were having trouble keeping up but we were told initially before winter break and it kept getting delayed until mid-late February (or at least that’s when I heard back) and my interview was early November.
Thanks for the update. I will be patient.

Did anyone get the email about the delay in sending out decisions? I believe they're still interviewing students.

Did anyone get the email about the delay in sending out decisions? I believe they're still interviewing students.
Yeah, my interview is today. And they only told me about it yesterday because they were still trying to figure out times.

Yeah, my interview is today. And they only told me about it yesterday because they were still trying to figure out times.
Cool. Best wishes for your interview today.

• Care
How did your interview go? Did they mention when decisions would be made and sent to students? Thanks.

How did your interview go? Did they mention when decisions would be made and sent to students? Thanks.
I think it went well! A little stressful whem they asked all the technical stuff but i put it on my applications, so i should know it 🤔
And i honestly think i forgot to ask. Sorry!

I think it went well! A little stressful whem they asked all the technical stuff but i put it on my applications, so i should know it 🤔
And i honestly think i forgot to ask. Sorry!
No cause literally same! And I had a moment where I literally froze like a statue for 10 seconds haha! But they laughed it off with me so I guess it's okay.

• Haha
Ms. Stoneback called me yesterday asking about a update for a grade I received this Fall. If any of y’all took a prereq this past fall be on the lookout for a call from her!

Ms. Stoneback called me yesterday asking about a update for a grade I received this Fall. If any of y’all took a prereq this past fall be on the lookout for a call from her!
Hopefully we’ll hear back soon this wait is killing me

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed Ms. Stoneback. She told me that the admissions committee is in the process of making decisions and will update us soon.

I emailed Ms. Stoneback. She told me that the admissions committee is in the process of making decisions and will update us soon.
Hi, I wonder what 'soon' is. Super anxious to hear. Best wishes to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope its no later than like 2/20 o_O