You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tuskegee University c/o 2027
Started by Danka Sotelo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Macsauce19
Full Member
Good luck everybody! OOS first time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to yall! I’m a current second year, so feel free to ask me any questions 🙂
Macsauce19
Full Member
How was your interview? Mine is coming up in a few days and I'm a little nervous :'). Did they ask a lot of science based questions?Good luck to yall! I’m a current second year, so feel free to ask me any questions 🙂
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
They already sent out interview invites? Was it through email?I had my interview 11/2 and it was very relaxed. The majority of my questions were about my application and experience.
shyainc_
New Member
I got a call on 10/31 and scheduled it for 11/2. The day before i got the zoom link.They already sent out interview invites? Was it through email?
Macsauce19
Full Member
The invite was over the phone. The call was on 10/31They already sent out interview invites? Was it through email?
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Do they leave a message if you dont answer?The invite was over the phone. The call was on 10/31
Macsauce19
Full Member
Nope, they didn't leave me one. I missed the call and called back a few minutes later. The call came from Ms. Stoneback.Do they leave a message if you dont answer?
Don’t stress too much! I know everyone says this, but just be yourself. They only asked me one or two vet med questions — I think one was about sites for venipuncture. Nothing super detailed. It’s a relatively laid back interview.How was your interview? Mine is coming up in a few days and I'm a little nervous :'). Did they ask a lot of science based questions?
good luck!
Macsauce19
Full Member
Hey! Have you heard anything back since your interview? The lady I talked to told me that we should hear back in a few weeks/early December?I got a call on 10/31 and scheduled it for 11/2. The day before i got the zoom link.
Nope.Hey! Have you heard anything back since your interview? The lady I talked to told me that we should hear back in a few weeks/early December?
future_vet
Full Member
Just heard that there may be a delay in acceptances to the end of January.Hey! Have you heard anything back since your interview? The lady I talked to told me that we should hear back in a few weeks/early December?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes hopefully we’ll hear back soon 🤞🏾Just heard that there may be a delay in acceptances to the end of January.
Attachments
future_vet
Full Member
Suggest to call them. I heard via phone and email with interview invite. Did you check your spam folder? I heard fromStill never got a call for interview or anything 😭
Deetra Benn (334-727-8309).
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
I just called and she said that they are backed up on calling people and scheduling interviews, so maybe theres still a chance? Idk 🫠Suggest to call them. I heard via phone and email with interview invite. Did you check your spam folder? I heard from
Deetra Benn (334-727-8309).
And yeah ive check spam and havent gotten any calls from them
future_vet
Full Member
I interviewed in late November 2022. You may want to call them about an interview. I believe they are getting ready to publish decisions soon.Has anyone recently had an interview? 2nd time applying to Tuskegee, OOS. Also waiting for an interview invite. Last year decisions were sent Jan 5th (or when I received my letter at least)
future_vet
Full Member
Glad you called. Did they say they were still interviewing? I'm sure they will send you a note soon to interview. Best wishes.Omg I just called and they said I was missing my veterinarian evaluation. But I emailed it before the deadline which they had approved for me to do, so now my app is back in review 😭 that would have been awful if that was my reason for denial. Thank you @future_vet !!
kittenvet
Full Member
I left my number as the person who received my email isn't in the office yet. Ms. Benn said she will call back with an update regarding the next steps so I'm not sure if that means an interview or not.Glad you called. Did they say they were still interviewing? I'm sure they will send you a note soon to interview. Best wishes.
Macsauce19
Full Member
I think they may be doing the interviews in two or three different waves. I read through old SDN forums and there were always some november/early december interviews and then some after that in jan/feb as well
future_vet
Full Member
That's good news! I'm sure you will be receiving an email with an interview invite soon.Ms. Benn just returned my call and said the college is still reviewing applications and sending interview invites.
Last edited:
future_vet
Full Member
Getting anxious to hear about acceptance to TUCVM. Has anyone heard if they have been accepted? I know they said no later than the end of January but hoping it would be sooner.
Same i have yet to hear anythingGetting anxious to hear about acceptance to TUCVM. Has anyone heard if they have been accepted? I know they said no later than the end of January but hoping it would be sooner.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
future_vet
Full Member
Awesome! So glad that you received the interview invite. Best wishesI just got an interview invite via email!
Macsauce19
Full Member
The suspense is killing me. I've been checking my email every 30 minutes haha. LMK if ya'll hear anything 🙂 Hope we all get accepted!
Same!The suspense is killing me. I've been checking my email every 30 minutes haha. LMK if ya'll hear anything 🙂 Hope we all get accepted!
future_vet
Full Member
I believe the latest is that we may hear in February since they're still conducting interviews.
Just so you all have a time frame because I know how stressful this is! I was an applicant last cycle and they kept pushing back when we would hear. I know the admissions office was going through some staffing changes so they were having trouble keeping up but we were told initially before winter break and it kept getting delayed until mid-late February (or at least that’s when I heard back) and my interview was early November.
future_vet
Full Member
Thanks for the update. I will be patient.Just so you all have a time frame because I know how stressful this is! I was an applicant last cycle and they kept pushing back when we would hear. I know the admissions office was going through some staffing changes so they were having trouble keeping up but we were told initially before winter break and it kept getting delayed until mid-late February (or at least that’s when I heard back) and my interview was early November.
future_vet
Full Member
Did anyone get the email about the delay in sending out decisions? I believe they're still interviewing students.
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Yeah, my interview is today. And they only told me about it yesterday because they were still trying to figure out times.Did anyone get the email about the delay in sending out decisions? I believe they're still interviewing students.
future_vet
Full Member
Cool. Best wishes for your interview today.Yeah, my interview is today. And they only told me about it yesterday because they were still trying to figure out times.
Macsauce19
Full Member
Good luck!!!! 😀
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Thanks!! I did it in the morning and i think it went wellGood luck!!!! 😀
future_vet
Full Member
How did your interview go? Did they mention when decisions would be made and sent to students? Thanks.Yeah, my interview is today. And they only told me about it yesterday because they were still trying to figure out times.
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
I think it went well! A little stressful whem they asked all the technical stuff but i put it on my applications, so i should know it 🤔How did your interview go? Did they mention when decisions would be made and sent to students? Thanks.
And i honestly think i forgot to ask. Sorry!
Macsauce19
Full Member
No cause literally same! And I had a moment where I literally froze like a statue for 10 seconds haha! But they laughed it off with me so I guess it's okay.I think it went well! A little stressful whem they asked all the technical stuff but i put it on my applications, so i should know it 🤔
And i honestly think i forgot to ask. Sorry!
Macsauce19
Full Member
Ms. Stoneback called me yesterday asking about a update for a grade I received this Fall. If any of y’all took a prereq this past fall be on the lookout for a call from her!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully we’ll hear back soon this wait is killing meMs. Stoneback called me yesterday asking about a update for a grade I received this Fall. If any of y’all took a prereq this past fall be on the lookout for a call from her!
future_vet
Full Member
Yeah. Me too. I hope they tell us soon.Hopefully we’ll hear back soon this wait is killing me
I emailed Ms. Stoneback. She told me that the admissions committee is in the process of making decisions and will update us soon.
future_vet
Full Member
Hi, I wonder what 'soon' is. Super anxious to hear. Best wishes to everyone.I emailed Ms. Stoneback. She told me that the admissions committee is in the process of making decisions and will update us soon.
Macsauce19
Full Member
I really hope its no later than like 2/20 😵