Tuskegee University c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really hope its no later than like 2/20 o_O
Yeah. I agree. Many schools are releasing acceptances and rejections this month.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
TUCVM Acceptance! Thank you Jesus. Check your emails. Just notified!

Congrats! Acceptance as well! 😭 so happy

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an acceptance without an interview? I just wanna make sure this isn’t a fluke since I went a while without hearing anything 😅

Did anyone get an acceptance without an interview? I just wanna make sure this isn’t a fluke since I went a while without hearing anything 😅
I'm not sure. Did you not interview? I know I interview right before Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure. Did you not interview? I know I interview right before Thanksgiving.
I didn’t. I had tried to call in january because I had seen some other people suggest that if we hadn’t heard anything back but the number was always busy. Then i got the acceptance email today so i was just really confused. I don’t wanna get excited and then find out it wasn’t for me 🙃

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance too!!!! SO HAPPY 🤗

Acceptance too!!!! SO HAPPY 🤗
Congratulations! I will see you in the Fall. I know they have a SERP program this summer but am not sure if it's in person or virtual.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay update! I called Tuskegee and they said this year they had the option to invite or waive the interview for candidates and just accept them so that’s what happened. Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance!! 🥳

I didn’t. I had tried to call in january because I had seen some other people suggest that if we hadn’t heard anything back but the number was always busy. Then i got the acceptance email today so i was just really confused. I don’t wanna get excited and then find out it wasn’t for me 🙃
Maybe call the number on the email to confirm.

OOS ACCEPTANCE 🥹🥹

Does anyone know what housing complex where most of the vet student stay? I heard that many live in Auburn but wanted to start searching for good housing details?

Does anyone know what housing complex where most of the vet student stay? I heard that many live in Auburn but wanted to start searching for good housing details?
I was just going to ask the same thing lol and if anyone is interested in being roommates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Just communicated with a friend there. He said that many of the students live in either the Samford Square, The Magnolia, The Fairways or The Greens (all in Auburn).

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I wonder when the full acceptance letters will be sent out this week for officially accepting the offer. Did anyone get the email?

Does anybody know when the class facebook is usually started?

Hi current second year here - congrats on the acceptances! Most of us do live in various apartments in Auburn but some choose to live in Tuskegee -- usually in rented houses.

Hi current second year here - congrats on the acceptances! Most of us do live in various apartments in Auburn but some choose to live in Tuskegee -- usually in rented houses.
Thanks. How do you find out about houses to rent in Tuskegee?

Hey guys. I noticed that for the last few years a student that was accepted into tucvm would start a groupme for their class. I wanted to go ahead and make us one so we can connect! If you guys know anybody else who was accepted and is attending tuskegee please send them this link. (I'm assuming one hasn't been started yet)

Whelp, I've been waitlisted again for this cycle. Crossing my fingers I get pulled from the OOS waitlist

Thanks. How do you find out about houses to rent in Tuskegee?
I think via emails and some students who were 2nd or 3rd years at the time posted on my class facebook page in search of roommates. sorry I don’t know a lot of details, I live in an auburn apartment !

Has anyone created a Facebook page? Did everyone get their final acceptance letter? I received mine a few days ago.

Hi everyone! Congrats to all who were accepted!! So when decisions were released back in February I was never notified of an answer- no acceptance, rejection or alternate. I’ve been calling/emailing/ leaving voicemails about it, hoping my app wasn’t just lost. I finally got a response today saying admissions still has my file and a decision is waiting to be made…

Has that happened to anyone else this late or know of someone else in this situation? I don’t know what to make of it but any news would be better than the waiting lol.

Hi everyone! Congrats to all who were accepted!! So when decisions were released back in February I was never notified of an answer- no acceptance, rejection or alternate. I’ve been calling/emailing/ leaving voicemails about it, hoping my app wasn’t just lost. I finally got a response today saying admissions still has my file and a decision is waiting to be made…

Has that happened to anyone else this late or know of someone else in this situation? I don’t know what to make of it but any news would be better than the waiting lol.
There a few people on the AVMA facebook who say they haven't heard back yet either

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.16.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.16.18 AM.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 84
That's interesting. I received my final acceptance letter on March 1, 2023 with details about how to respond and deposit information. Received it from Jessica Stoneback (Office: 334-727-8460, Email: [email protected])

That's interesting. I received my final acceptance letter on March 1, 2023 with details about how to respond and deposit information. Received it from Jessica Stoneback (Office: 334-727-8460, Email: [email protected])
Yes I finally was able to talk to Ms. Benn in person who told me to email Ms. Stoneback and she replied soon after saying admissions still has my file under review. Hopefully sometime this month I’ll have a decision. Thankful it’s not just me I guess and no news is good news 🤷🏾‍♀️

Is there a Facebook group or anything to connect with fellow acceptances? It looks like the Tuskegee thread doesn't have too many members. does anyone know the protocol for that? Thank you! <3

Is there a Facebook group or anything to connect with fellow acceptances? It looks like the Tuskegee thread doesn't have too many members. does anyone know the protocol for that? Thank you! <3
I don't believe there is a facebook yet..however there is a group me link in the thread above. There are bout 16 people it

Finally received an update on my application and I have an interview on Monday 😭 I’m so happy! Any advice for the interview?!

Finally received an update on my application and I have an interview on Monday 😭 I’m so happy! Any advice for the interview?!
Its super chill. They ask you questions about your application and experience. I had one question where they asked me to explain vaccine protocol for a puppy.

Hi everyone. I’ve been trying to call and email admissions but haven’t received a response so wanted to ask here. I’ve been trying to figure out the status of Tuskegee’s probationary accreditation and what that means for students. I’ve talked to current 3rd and 4th yr students about why they’re on probation, but no one knows what that means for those of us incoming. I see they have until March of 2024 before another site visit which would be near the end of our first year. I would absolutely love to attend TU but also need to know I’m not putting myself in a risky situation if they were to lose accreditation, especially with the acceptance deadline being so close.

• Wow
Hi everyone. I’ve been trying to call and email admissions but haven’t received a response so wanted to ask here. I’ve been trying to figure out the status of Tuskegee’s probationary accreditation and what that means for students. I’ve talked to current 3rd and 4th yr students about why they’re on probation, but no one knows what that means for those of us incoming. I see they have until March of 2024 before another site visit which would be near the end of our first year. I would absolutely love to attend TU but also need to know I’m not putting myself in a risky situation if they were to lose accreditation, especially with the acceptance deadline being so close.
According to the avma.org website, their next evaluation is in 2027. If you look at the U.S. accredited colleges (click on the +) and then under Tuskegee click on the probationary accreditation you should be able to see a pdf of what was wrong. Hopefully the link i put in will work. Accredited veterinary colleges

According to the avma.org website, their next evaluation is in 2027. If you look at the U.S. accredited colleges (click on the +) and then under Tuskegee click on the probationary accreditation you should be able to see a pdf of what was wrong. Hopefully the link i put in will work. Accredited veterinary colleges
Wow! Looks like this happened in September 2022 and TUCVM is the only one on the list for US. I wonder if they're working on it so that they don't become non-accredited.

Wow! Looks like this happened in September 2022 and TUCVM is the only one on the list for US. I wonder if they're working on it so that they don't become non-accredited.
So I finally got a reply and it turns out the school won’t necessarily “lose” accreditation. They are just deficient in many areas pertaining to the curriculum, facilities, resources, etc. which is why they’re listed as probationary. And they have 2 years from when they were cited by the AVMA to either improve those deficiencies and gain full accreditation status or remain on probation.

• Wow
Is anyone waitlisted and waiting to hear back or has already heard back? I had an interview March 16th and just heard back about "alternate" status.