Tuskegee University c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an acceptance without an interview? I just wanna make sure this isn’t a fluke since I went a while without hearing anything 😅
 
I'm not sure. Did you not interview? I know I interview right before Thanksgiving.
I didn’t. I had tried to call in january because I had seen some other people suggest that if we hadn’t heard anything back but the number was always busy. Then i got the acceptance email today so i was just really confused. I don’t wanna get excited and then find out it wasn’t for me 🙃
 
I didn’t. I had tried to call in january because I had seen some other people suggest that if we hadn’t heard anything back but the number was always busy. Then i got the acceptance email today so i was just really confused. I don’t wanna get excited and then find out it wasn’t for me 🙃
Maybe call the number on the email to confirm.
 
Does anyone know what housing complex where most of the vet student stay? I heard that many live in Auburn but wanted to start searching for good housing details?
I was just going to ask the same thing lol and if anyone is interested in being roommates?
 
I wonder when the full acceptance letters will be sent out this week for officially accepting the offer. Did anyone get the email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I noticed that for the last few years a student that was accepted into tucvm would start a groupme for their class. I wanted to go ahead and make us one so we can connect! If you guys know anybody else who was accepted and is attending tuskegee please send them this link. (I'm assuming one hasn't been started yet)

 
Hi everyone! Congrats to all who were accepted!! So when decisions were released back in February I was never notified of an answer- no acceptance, rejection or alternate. I’ve been calling/emailing/ leaving voicemails about it, hoping my app wasn’t just lost. I finally got a response today saying admissions still has my file and a decision is waiting to be made…

Has that happened to anyone else this late or know of someone else in this situation? I don’t know what to make of it but any news would be better than the waiting lol.
 
Hi everyone! Congrats to all who were accepted!! So when decisions were released back in February I was never notified of an answer- no acceptance, rejection or alternate. I’ve been calling/emailing/ leaving voicemails about it, hoping my app wasn’t just lost. I finally got a response today saying admissions still has my file and a decision is waiting to be made…

Has that happened to anyone else this late or know of someone else in this situation? I don’t know what to make of it but any news would be better than the waiting lol.
There a few people on the AVMA facebook who say they haven't heard back yet either
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.16.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.16.18 AM.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 262
That's interesting. I received my final acceptance letter on March 1, 2023 with details about how to respond and deposit information. Received it from Jessica Stoneback (Office: 334-727-8460, Email: [email protected])
Yes I finally was able to talk to Ms. Benn in person who told me to email Ms. Stoneback and she replied soon after saying admissions still has my file under review. Hopefully sometime this month I’ll have a decision. Thankful it’s not just me I guess and no news is good news 🤷🏾‍♀️
 
Is there a Facebook group or anything to connect with fellow acceptances? It looks like the Tuskegee thread doesn't have too many members. does anyone know the protocol for that? Thank you! <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally received an update on my application and I have an interview on Monday 😭 I’m so happy! Any advice for the interview?!
Its super chill. They ask you questions about your application and experience. I had one question where they asked me to explain vaccine protocol for a puppy.
 
Hi everyone. I’ve been trying to call and email admissions but haven’t received a response so wanted to ask here. I’ve been trying to figure out the status of Tuskegee’s probationary accreditation and what that means for students. I’ve talked to current 3rd and 4th yr students about why they’re on probation, but no one knows what that means for those of us incoming. I see they have until March of 2024 before another site visit which would be near the end of our first year. I would absolutely love to attend TU but also need to know I’m not putting myself in a risky situation if they were to lose accreditation, especially with the acceptance deadline being so close.
 
Hi everyone. I’ve been trying to call and email admissions but haven’t received a response so wanted to ask here. I’ve been trying to figure out the status of Tuskegee’s probationary accreditation and what that means for students. I’ve talked to current 3rd and 4th yr students about why they’re on probation, but no one knows what that means for those of us incoming. I see they have until March of 2024 before another site visit which would be near the end of our first year. I would absolutely love to attend TU but also need to know I’m not putting myself in a risky situation if they were to lose accreditation, especially with the acceptance deadline being so close.
According to the avma.org website, their next evaluation is in 2027. If you look at the U.S. accredited colleges (click on the +) and then under Tuskegee click on the probationary accreditation you should be able to see a pdf of what was wrong. Hopefully the link i put in will work. Accredited veterinary colleges
 
According to the avma.org website, their next evaluation is in 2027. If you look at the U.S. accredited colleges (click on the +) and then under Tuskegee click on the probationary accreditation you should be able to see a pdf of what was wrong. Hopefully the link i put in will work. Accredited veterinary colleges
Wow! Looks like this happened in September 2022 and TUCVM is the only one on the list for US. I wonder if they're working on it so that they don't become non-accredited.
 
Wow! Looks like this happened in September 2022 and TUCVM is the only one on the list for US. I wonder if they're working on it so that they don't become non-accredited.
So I finally got a reply and it turns out the school won’t necessarily “lose” accreditation. They are just deficient in many areas pertaining to the curriculum, facilities, resources, etc. which is why they’re listed as probationary. And they have 2 years from when they were cited by the AVMA to either improve those deficiencies and gain full accreditation status or remain on probation.
 
Is anyone waitlisted and waiting to hear back or has already heard back? I had an interview March 16th and just heard back about "alternate" status.