China and Eastern Asia Twinning programmes

Started by undecide
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

undecide

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I am a Singaporean student contemplating embarking on a twinning programme in Malaysia either IMU or PMC. One thing i'm worried about is doing clinicals in Malaysia; which is what PMC offers. Is anyone in Penang Medical College? I was wondering how are the pre-clinical years in Ireland and the clinical years in Malaysia like? Will me not being able to communicate in Malay hamper me from handling my clinical component well? Thanks!!
 
Hi!

I am a Singaporean student contemplating embarking on a twinning programme in Malaysia either IMU or PMC. One thing i'm worried about is doing clinicals in Malaysia; which is what PMC offers. Is anyone in Penang Medical College? I was wondering how are the pre-clinical years in Ireland and the clinical years in Malaysia like? Will me not being able to communicate in Malay hamper me from handling my clinical component well? Thanks!!

Hmm, I can't answer your specific question about PMC; however I am at IMU and we do have rotations at the local hospitals during the first two years. I am not very good at the language either (lived abroad most of my life before deciding to come back) but I've heard many international students have been able to manage by getting their friends to translate.