Two B.S. degree's, applying this cycle, advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SVinoT

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a non traditional student applying to Medical Schools this cycle.

I first recieved a B.S. in Psych 2019 with a 3.8 GPA.
After realizing I wanted to pursue medicine, also realized I would need to take pre-med reqs.

Decided to transfer my entire degree over to another university and complete a years worth of courses to receive a second B.S. this time in Chemistry.
Graduated this Spring 2020 with a 3.38 B.S. Chemistry.

My question is, which accumulative GPA will med schools look at? 3.3 is in my opinion horrible. I am embarrassed to even mention it on here. However, need to give the whole story for good advice!
How bad will my 3.3 look in comparison to the 3.8? All opinions will be heard! :)

A's and B's in all sciences. The 3.3 is due to my GPA not being transferred when transferring my credits. My chemistry degree did not take the GPA just the credits from my last degree (Psyc). So the B's this semester weighed heavy on my GPA for this second degree in chemistry.

Members don't see this ad.

Your cGPA and sGPA will be calculated based on all courses completed at the undergraduate level. Your GPA is further broken down by year. Your first degree will be listed as freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year. Your second degree will be listed on a single line as postbaccalaureate course work. Unfortunately, this will show a downward trend which is not ideal. Hope this helps.

What is your cGPA and sGPA?

Your cGPA and sGPA will be calculated based on all courses completed at the undergraduate level. Your GPA is further broken down by year. Your first degree will be listed as freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year. Your second degree will be listed on a single line as postbaccalaureate course work. Unfortunately, this will show a downward trend which is not ideal. Hope this helps.

What is your cGPA and sGPA?
Green Duck,

First undergrad May 2019: cGPA 3.81 final semester GPA 4.0
Second B.S. May 2020: cGPA 3.38 final semester GPA 3.5 (The cumulative GPA for this degree has only one academic year of classes)

Thank you for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
If that is you in the avatar, we recommend that you protect your anonymity on the internet!

Good point! Thank you! I connected a social media platform that had a photo already attached! Thank you! :)

Reactions: 1 user