Two C+ in math classes freshman year = epic FAIL. Am I pretty much done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrangeAndWhite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I just got my grades back for the spring semester. And :(((((((
I got one C+ in Honors Calc III last semester and another C+ in Honors Matrix Algebra this semester. College math just isn't my thing. I mean I've tried and I've tried but I just didn't do so well in both classes. But on the other hand, I did get an A in differential equations. I have As in all my other classes as well, including honors physics and honors chemistry for both semesters. I'm basically done with math for all my engineering requirements- I should have never taken such advanced classes my first year but I just wanted to get them out of the way. Oh bad decisions. But will these two C+s severely hinder my chances at getting into any medical school. I would like to think that I learned a LOTTTT from my first two semesters in college so hypothetically speaking, if I work my butt off for the next three years and manage to get all As, do I still have a shot? Please be as blunt as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

if I work my butt off for the next three years and manage to get all As, do I still have a shot? Please be as blunt as possible.
Yes, you still have a shot of getting your cGPA and BCPM GPA into the competitive range. Figure you'll need 4 equal credit As to redeem each C to get yourself to a 3.6.