Two Forms of ID?

Algophiliac

Someday...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My college requires that I bring two forms of ID to orientation. They must both have a photo and signature. I won't have my driver's license at that time, nor my passport. Any ideas on what I could use??

Members don't see this ad.

That's weird. I can't think of two common forms of identification with both a picture and a signature--other than a driver's license and a passport, but the latter isn't exactly common. Are you sure that you can't just provide a birth certificate and a school ID? Or a social security card?

That's weird. I can't think of two common forms of identification with both a picture and a signature--other than a driver's license and a passport, but the latter isn't exactly common. Are you sure that you can't just provide a birth certificate and a school ID? Or a social security card?

No to the birth certificate and school ID, but I'm not sure on the social security card. I was told a U.S. Citizen ID card was fine?! What is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's if you're naturalized (you moved here from another country and became an American citizen).

Don't they give you a list of acceptable documentation? Do they provide a number/email address for you to contact, if you have a question?

No to the birth certificate and school ID, but I'm not sure on the social security card. I was told a U.S. Citizen ID card was fine?! What is that?

Ask if a State ID will be fine , that's what I have and it's accepted only costed me $15 . You have to go down to the MVA to get it though .

Ask if a State ID will be fine , that's what I have and it's accepted only costed me $15 . You have to go down to the MVA to get it though .

Is this the same as a Resident citizen card? :D I'm so confused! Thanks for the help!

Here is the list of suggestions they provided:

*Driver license from the United States or Canada
*U.S. or foreign passport
*Alien registration card with photo (INS form I-151 or I-551)
*U.S. citizen ID card (INS form I-197)
*Resident citizen card (INS form I-179)

Is this the same as a Resident citizen card? :D I'm so confused! Thanks for the help!

Here is the list of suggestions they provided:

*Driver license from the United States or Canada
*U.S. or foreign passport
*Alien registration card with photo (INS form I-151 or I-551)
*U.S. citizen ID card (INS form I-197)
*Resident citizen card (INS form I-179)

No i believe they are different but you should ask .

*U.S. citizen ID card (INS form I-197) that's what i have ,only in short they call it a state ID