Medical Two interview invites for the same day - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hello! I am very grateful to have received interviews from 2 schools for the same day. Both schools just emailed me with a date and didn't give me a list of dates to pick from. What is the appropriate thing to do in this case? Thank you so much

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to ask for advice before emailing either. I'm not sure if schools take offense when you ask to reschedule.

For example, I read that one of the schools fills up interview days until December, so if you try to reschedule, you get a post-december interview.

I've been reading previous threads and saw that sometimes schools let you swap dates with another student. If I find a student willing to swap with me, should I try that first?

They won't be offended because obviously things happen outside of med school interviews, but you may indeed get a much later interview. There is frankly no way of knowing without asking.

Regardless, unless you specifically have a friend that you can swap with, I would not spend a ton of time trying to engineer a swap. Interviews are continually being offered, so the longer you wait to reach out to reschedule the later your make-up interview will be.

Should I say that it's a conflict with another interview, or just say that I have a conflict?

I would just say that you have a conflict. No reason to volunteer additional data unless you are asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.