Nov 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm going to shadow a physician at the place I work at for winter break. I'm tight with the practice manager and she agreed to write me a letter of recommendation. I also want a letter from the physician because I'm applying to DO schools and he's a DO so it would help a lot.

I feel like it's weird to get two recommendation letters from one place. Am I overthinking this? Should I take out the practice manager's letter and ask them to write it together?

Reactions: 1 user

Talldoctor96

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2018
I'm going to shadow a physician at the place I work at for winter break. I'm tight with the practice manager and she agreed to write me a letter of recommendation. I also want a letter from the physician because I'm applying to DO schools and he's a DO so it would help a lot.

I feel like it's weird to get two recommendation letters from one place. Am I overthinking this? Should I take out the practice manager's letter and ask them to write it together?
You're over thinking it-- the key is they need to speak to different aspects as you as an applicant.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads