Two or three classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marleybfour

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to straighten out my school schedule and need some advice. I am taking Physics II and Organic II. I am taking Physics at a Community College and Organic at the University strickly due to the class times. My dilemna is whether or not to add another science class at the University level.

My background: Bachelor's degree 20 years ago. Horrific GPA. I have since earned 150 college credits. 48 have come from a Master's degree and the rest have come primarily from a community college. ( I also have an A.S. in nursing.) I took two classes last semester at the University and got A's. My concern is that if I have too many credits from a community college that I will not be as competative as other students. My other concern is that I work full-time and taking three science classes, studying for the April MCAT's, and working full-time will be too much. I am afraid everything will suffer.

I hate having so many credits come from the CC, but their scheduling has been much more conducive to my schedule. I need to decide this by tomorrow as registration ends this week. Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I don't have anything to say...just wanted to bump this up, as you said you need to decide by tomorrow noon. Good luck!

Well, I was going to suggestion you take a Physiology course which is VERY HELPFUL for the MCAT, But then I saw you work full time so...
I would suggest you do not take another class. I took the two classes you are going to take plus Physiology, plus I am a mom and was studying for the MCAT. It was really hard!! Don't kill yourself. It won't be worth it and your MCAT score may suffer from you getting to overwelemed.

why take any classes at all??? the mcat is very important and will help adcoms to put your grades from the community college in perspective. if you get above a 30 they'll take your classes and grades earned more seriously than if you have a 24 mcat with 4.0 from community college. that tells me that your cc was EASY