Three MD IIs so far. Two state programs, one OOS Private. Am I cooked

Started by bababuoy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bababuoy

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I hope everyone's holding onto their last marbles ahead of this Tuesday. The three IIs were all received within a two-week period. I'm eternally grateful for the invitations as a reapplicant that got two IIs throughout the entire 2023-2024 cycle, but damn...the month-long silence has gotten to me (s/o Tulane!).

Has anyone gotten three IIs in a fortnight and nothing throughout the rest of the cycle (Lizzy M: 73.20 if that helps at all)? Does anything change with the pace of notifications (IIs, Rs, holds, etc.) after the first wave of acceptances are announced in mid-October? Do I need to up my SSRI dose?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I hope everyone's holding onto their last marbles ahead of this Tuesday. The three IIs were all received within a two-week period. I'm eternally grateful for the invitations as a reapplicant that got two IIs throughout the entire 2023-2024 cycle, but damn...the month-long silence has gotten to me (s/o Tulane!).

Has anyone gotten three IIs in a fortnight and nothing throughout the rest of the cycle (Lizzy M: 73.20 if that helps at all)? Does anything change with the pace of notifications (IIs, Rs, holds, etc.) after the first wave of acceptances are announced in mid-October? Do I need to up my SSRI dose?
What do you mean cooked, most people don't get any interviews! You might get another one tomorrow, or in March.

Just get off sdn for a while, and stay busy.
 
Thanks for the reassurance, everyone. Goro, there's a special spot in heaven with your name on it for how immensely helpful you've been.
 
Interview with 3, an MD you'll be. It is still early and you are doing fine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I hope everyone's holding onto their last marbles ahead of this Tuesday. The three IIs were all received within a two-week period. I'm eternally grateful for the invitations as a reapplicant that got two IIs throughout the entire 2023-2024 cycle, but damn...the month-long silence has gotten to me (s/o Tulane!).

Has anyone gotten three IIs in a fortnight and nothing throughout the rest of the cycle (Lizzy M: 73.20 if that helps at all)? Does anything change with the pace of notifications (IIs, Rs, holds, etc.) after the first wave of acceptances are announced in mid-October? Do I need to up my SSRI dose?
Congratulations on the IIS! You're doing well. You could get more II's next week, next month, or anytime into March.
Spend your nervous energy figuring out why you would love to attend any of the 3 schools that have already invited you to interview. Comb their web sites, review their social media, and if possible speak with current students. And as @Goro said, do something you enjoy.