two questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kate0834tkjn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Gross anatomy on qbank is harder than I'd hoped it would be....lots of questions about arterial supplies to the nose, cranial fossa contents, etc. I thought I'd hit the high points of anatomy using kaplan/first aid, but some of the q's in qbank aren't answered in either source. Am I the only one who finds the kaplan gross a little detail oriented (I know pharm is said to be tougher than the real thing)? Is it worth my time to go back? My sense is probably not...I'm also going to start using USMLE world soon, do you think the anatomy/pharm questions specifically on there are better? I think the general consensus is that it's better overall, but I'm wondering about these specific topics.

2. NBME form....I've basically studied everything but path at this point, and am considering taking an NBME form tomorrow. I feel like it could be a useful assessment of where I stand with the organ systems, or it could be really demoralizing when I fail. I feel like so many people on here are rocking the practice nbme's, so is the general trend to wait until you've studied everything at least once?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Qbank's anatomy was really not reflective of the anatomy on the exam. Anatomy was probably my least favorite subject and I spent very little time studying it, and honestly 80-90% of the anatomy questions on the exam were straight from FA (brachial plexus especially--know it cold), and the remaining 10-20% were impossible to study for. So, don't worry about Qbank anatomy questions. Don't know about UW.
2. I took my school's NBME/CBSSA/whatever its called before I had even started studying, then another at about halfway through my studying and before I had reviewed everything, and then one more near the end. I think doing a form early on is great as it helped me realize a few subjects I really needed to focus on (GI, cardio), and made me realize how much I had progressed when my score jumped in the later NBME. It can be a downer as well, but I think taking a form before you've gone through everything once (just don't do form 3 first) is a good idea.

Thanks so much for your response Ginger...I think I will take a NBME tomorrow, hopefully I at least won't fail!!! :) Good to hear about the anatomy, too!

1. Qbank's anatomy was really not reflective of the anatomy on the exam. Anatomy was probably my least favorite subject and I spent very little time studying it, and honestly 80-90% of the anatomy questions on the exam were straight from FA (brachial plexus especially--know it cold), and the remaining 10-20% were impossible to study for. So, don't worry about Qbank anatomy questions. Don't know about UW.
2. I took my school's NBME/CBSSA/whatever its called before I had even started studying, then another at about halfway through my studying and before I had reviewed everything, and then one more near the end. I think doing a form early on is great as it helped me realize a few subjects I really needed to focus on (GI, cardio), and made me realize how much I had progressed when my score jumped in the later NBME. It can be a downer as well, but I think taking a form before you've gone through everything once (just don't do form 3 first) is a good idea.

ginger why should you do form 3 first?

Members don't see this ad :)
how many questions are on those NBME forms? i heard only 150? how can they tell u what your predicted score is gonna be based off of just how u do on 150 questions?