Two withdrawals in same class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pyruvate

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman in college this year. I had started at my four year university in September, become seriously ill about a month in, and wound up having to take a medical withdrawal. Upon discussing my return with my dean, he felt it would be best for me to attend a community college for the spring semester and come back this fall.

I had been feeling quite a bit better. However, that didn't last long. A few weeks ago, my health issues started acting up again and causing me issues with my academics. I am now doing very poorly in one of my classes, and am considering withdrawing from it for the sake of my sGPA.

This is a class that is a prereq, and one that I was enrolled in when I took a full medical withdrawal this fall. I would imagine that for general purposes, it looks very bad to have withdrawn from the same course twice. Does this still apply in my case, where the first try resulted in an MW in the context of an entire semester of MWs and the second try resulted in a plain old W on the transcript?

In general, does having a W in a prereq reflect badly on me come application time?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a W twice in the same course. It was trigonometry. First time I literally didn't have time to keep up it was online etc. Second i tried again but realized online trig wasn't working for me even with time. So I dropped. Although quite different situations I did drop twice, but I'm not completely positive it'll hinder. But may raise a flag. Just be prepared to explain if they ask.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think it would be the sole decision maker of an acceptance vs. rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't what you need to. A few W's aren't going to kill your app. Just make sure when you re-take this course that you are ready to complete it.

I didn't have multiple W's in the same class, but I did have 5 or 6 total W's. I don't think this will affect you. If you don't get in, it won't be because of this.

Reactions: 3 users
Multiple W's (including 2 in the same class) didn't keep me out of my first choice.

You'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
3 W's and no questions asked. I did explain them all in my application though.

Reactions: 2 users
3 W's and no questions asked. I did explain them all in my application though.

I didn't even do this.

I just pretended that those W's were "non-existent" and put my best foot forward during the interview.

Reactions: 4 users
I have 4 Ws, two in the same class (math class), and finally passed it with a non- A grade. I haven't applied but based on what I've read on here, and looking at my application, I don't think I have much to worry about, and neither do you :)

Reactions: 1 users
10+ Ws and I've still gotten into a great school. Only one of my four interviews even asked me about them.

Reactions: 1 users