Two Year CC Fellowship 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imcc

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I haven't seen anyone start a CC application thread, so figured I would start it. Would love to hear from others applying this year. I am IM trained and a current hospitalist. I have some geographical limitations so applying to 12 programs. I'm still waiting for my residency PD to come back from vacation and upload my LoR, so will likely just submit my application next week without the PD letter and hope for the best. Hopefully that wont delay reviewing my application. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I am IM trained, applying for a two year fellowship this year as well. I've also been out of residency for a few years. Good luck in the process!

Is this tread not as active as other threads, or is only one other person applying this year =)

Have noticed in the P/CCM thread that some programs have started to offer interviews. Haven't heard anything from a CCM programs yet. Any one else heard from any programs yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys, I'm new to the community. I am IMG, currently working as a hospitalist. I've applied to CCM only program. So far heard from only one program Baystate Springfield, invited for interview. Silent from the rest.
Have you guys heard from any programs?
How is BayState CCM program?

Hi, I'm also on the same boat like you. I got invitations from Baylor, Cooper, Univ. of Missouri & Mt. Sinai.

Hi Guys, I'm new to the community. I am IMG, currently working as a hospitalist. I've applied to CCM only program. So far heard from only one program Baystate Springfield, invited for interview. Silent from the rest.
Have you guys heard from any programs?
How is BayState CCM program?

I don't know if anyone could answer this clearly for me...I am an IMG (Ross), currently in an internal med residency. No red flags at all. Good board scores.

How competitive are pure CCM fellowships (hard to find match data, cause everything is just combined Pulm-CCM data). I don't have any research experience.

I've heard, CCM is less competitive than PCCM but the trend is changing. More people are doing 2 year fellowships like ID or pulm or nephrology and many of the programs like these candidates better than just IM applicants. Not implying that they don't take IM grads but it's a trend now so the spots are a little less so it has become more competitive than before.

Hey I was wondering if anyone has gotten official acceptance or invites to the programs after interviews? Just wondering what the time frame of this whole process is like, there doesnt seem to be too much information on this on the forums. Me personaly i have had a couple of interviews but no follow ups as of yet.

Hey I was wondering if anyone has gotten official acceptance or invites to the programs after interviews? Just wondering what the time frame of this whole process is like, there doesnt seem to be too much information on this on the forums. Me personaly i have had a couple of interviews but no follow ups as of yet.
Where did u interview and how was ur experience?

I went to UPMC for interview monday, it's a great program, HUGE hospital...they sent me an offer today.
I have an interview next week at Cooper, and on the 3rd of October at Baystate.....but I think I'm going to be stuck between UPMC and Cooper, anyone have an opinions on which is better?
thanks

I went to UPMC for interview monday, it's a great program, HUGE hospital...they sent me an offer today.
I have an interview next week at Cooper, and on the 3rd of October at Baystate.....but I think I'm going to be stuck between UPMC and Cooper, anyone have an opinions on which is better?
thanks
Once you get an offer like that, how long do you have to think about it and make a decision?

Offer from UPMC, damn, good job. That'd be hard to pass on

Once you get an offer like that, how long do you have to think about it and make a decision?

Offer from UPMC, damn, good job. That'd be hard to pass on
10 days from receiving the offer package, which was 9/16

Are you guys still waiting to hear from any critical care programs, or have programs already made all of their decisions? I've wondering if anyone has received offers from SLU/Mercy or heard from the Florida programs yet?

Hey CCM2017, do you mind sending me a PM. I guess since you just joined, it wont let me send you a message